Blogmas Day: 6 Jack and Sally ornaments

"We can live like Jack and Sally"

Today is the start of Winter Wonderland at Sycamore Farms at Junkstock. I've missed the last 2 year so I am going for a bit to see the excitement! Blogmas Day 7 will be the recap!

Now onto day 6!

I am hoping next week to share my Christmas decor. I haven't decided to break up the posts or share it all at once. I was hoping to have another Christmas craft done from $ Tree but I couldn't find the item I was looking for yet (crafter problems). Stay tuned!

You seen my Sally heart ornaments but I also made Jack ornaments too however I never got around to photograph them (again crafter problems) last Wednesday was a snow day so I whipped up a few more along with Sally too!!

I started out with some extra DIY Christmas ornament balls I had about 7. 



I took some leftover white tempera paint and poured some into one of the ornament:



Next, I took some blue paint, mixed it with the white to make Sally's skin color and poured:



Basically you swirl the ornament around until it fully covers the inside then dump out the remainder of the paint into a container, then store the ornaments to drain/dry. Additional paint will drain out I used the plastic container that held the ornaments for this.

After they dry, you recap them and start to draw faces on them! For Sally, I kept it simple as possible, I used a reference to draw her eyes, used a small amount of red paint for her lips:



You can paint her eyes white it you want but it's totally optional! Then I drew on her stitches:



For both Jack and Sally I used Sharpies/paint pens. Here's Jack:



Add ribbon and hang! Also $ Tree sells these ornaments in a 2 pack :)

Have a great weekend!

Miss Mag Nificent



Comments

Popular Posts