Blogmas Day 2: Sally Heart Ornaments

Welcome to day 2 of Blogmas!

Today I am sharing some my Christmas DIY's I got done earlier in November. My plan for my holiday decor was to combine Nightmare Before Christmas with some of my Christmas Decor because let's face it. I so was not ready to give up Halloween altogether. Fun Fact: There was debate whether or not Nightmare Before Christmas is a Christmas or Halloween movie. Here's the article from Cosmo. It is indeed a Halloween movie however you can get decor for both seasons. 

Back to the decor. I wanted to make Jack and Sally ornaments but to be different styles to stand out on the tree. I had seen this design on Pinterest (there was no link to it unfortunately). I decided to replicate it.

I went to the $ Tree for canvases to use. They were out of 8x10 so I settle for 5x7, I was able to trace a heart shape twice on the canvas:


Next, I used sharp scissors to cut out the hearts from the frame. After I cut the hearts out, I drew lines to divide up the heart into 3 chambers:



I started painting each section a separate color to represent Sally's colorful dress: Pink, yellow and a dark turquoise color. I used painters tape to cover each section so I could paint another:


Once each section was painted, I took 3 different Sharpies (fine point, ultra fine and a paint pen) to draw the different patterns of Sally's dress:



Final step: Punch a hole and add ribbon! The final reveal will be when I share my tree!!


Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent



Comments

Popular Posts