Blogmas Day 4: Sally Jars



One of the projects I wanted to do for Halloween but didn't get time to do was Sally's spell jars from Nightmare Before Christmas. I finally got time to get them made for Christmas!

I started out with different sized jars:


$ Tree has jars, or you can use your own if you have any to up-cycle. I did a lot of back and forth with that. The middle jar was Hobby Lobby but on sale (you can also use a coupon) the far right was a garage sale find and the left one I think I purchased too I can't remember.

I did photograph the process it was really messy. But what I wound up doing is mixing black/white tempera paint in the jars to make a grey color, then flipped them upside down to drain the access paint. I was going to spray paint them but I thought this was too time consuming. Actually the swirling took longer. They had to dry for a few days. Live and learn but the cool part was the jars looked really different and unique so it was a win.


I found a printable on Pinterest, cut them out, and used Mod Podge to adhere them onto the jars:



I did have trouble with the Deadly Night Shade Jar only because it's wider I screwed up on it, even tried writing it but it just didn't look right (good thing I can turn it over) so I reprinted the label but shrunk it down to fit. It wrinkled a bit but hey I think it gives it character :)

I wasn't sure where to display them so I put them in my kitchen with some crocheted candles:



Overall, I am pleased how they turned out :)

Miss Mag Nificent


Comments

Popular Posts