Alternate Tree Blogmas Day 10

As you know, I am a cat owner and he is famous for knocking stuff down (#catownerproblems) so I do alternate Christmas trees every year. The best part about it is that I can be creative and it has been fun the last three years. I've done photo frames, a book tree, a deer head, and 45 records. I wish I could this year's tree would be epic but it's simple and I actually like it that way :)

I took a large canvas, cut out the trunk and the star then glued them down first:



Next, I got a bunch of different red/black colors of scrapbook paper that I cut into various sized strips then glue them down:


At first, I had started working the bottom, going up, but it was easier to work top, down (if that makes sense?)


Last but not least before hanging I added two layers of Mod Podge to seal everything.

Then I hung up to the left of entertainment center above the wooden chair I have:



I will put lights on the chair and my gifts will go on the chair. So stay tuned for the finished product!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts