Blogmas Day 12 $10 GW challenge

It's that time once again!

$10 Goodwill Challenge for December!

Checkout last months post

The rules: In case you forgot, I have decided to do a $10 Goodwill Challenge as opposed to doing monthly hauls (which may or may not happen). It's basically go to Goodwill and not spend over $10. There is leeway to the rules because I have a GW discount card that goes towards my balance of my purchase (the perks of being a college student).

I went on December 3 which was a Sunday afternoon and it was BUSY. I learned something that day like Wal-Mart or the grocery store do not shop at Goodwill on the weekends! It made my trip a little hard because I couldn't get in all the color coded isles as much.

Before I share the haul, I decided to get some Christmas related items/decor because I am somehow missing a box of decorations (it's like Halloween all over again) and I wanted to see if I could find something to suffice the missing box. When I get around to posting my decor, you will see what I have to work with. Originally, I had red Christmas balls, then I was going to get some turquoise ones and put them in a basket. BUT I already have to things at home full of Christmas balls. My apothecary jar, and my colbolt blue bowl too. I decided not to get anymore.

Sorry in advance the picture is blurry


Most expensive item: $2.99 which is the Norman Rockwell tin print. As you know my dad loves Norman Rockwell and almost every trip to GW we find something with his work on it. It's going to be a Christmas gift so I wrapped up the same day. Hence why no retake photo

The other items are all .59 cents and after I got to checkout, I could have gotten two more items that I had put away and I think I would still been under the $10 limit but live and learn!

Tigger .59 cents. I know he's not Christmas related but I used to have a Tigger Collection so I he had to come home with me. He needs to be washed but other than that he's in good condition.

Mini sing .59 cents. It says "Dear Santa, I have issues!" (don't we all?) it made me smile and I think I will hang it in the kitchen. I haven't decided yet

Dishes .59 cents each. There was a TON of holiday dishes (or is it dish wear?)  We never did that as a kid we had just Corelle (there will be a Pyrex vs. Corelle post sometime!) but as I walking around, I decided since there were just two cups of the particular design that I should get them and two plates. Since one of my "traditions" is hot chocolate at Christmas. Plus for .59 cents each I couldn't pass up the deal.

Grand total with discount:  $5.93. Challenge met!

This is my last haul (I think for 2017) I can't wait to start the New Year with more challenges it's going to be fun!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts