W is for Wet set Blogmas Day 4

AH! Can you guys believe it? We're almost done with the ABC's of pinup! Plus it is day four of blogmas!

W originally was going to be for Wal-Mart but I think I will save that post for later a basic how to shop in department stores for a pinup up look.


W is for Wet set

*disclaimer* This is based on my own personal experience, trails and errors. It may not be perfect but it has worked for me!


Ah wet sets a pinups best friend (or worse nightmare?). My hair is uber fine and also has some natural curl, since my hair has been shorter, I haven't able to experiment with hair styles up until now. For me wet sets have been a hit and a miss. And to be honest, I don't get to do them daily like most pinup gals. Usually I try to squeeze them on the weekends for church, but I have been squeezing them in during the week once in awhile for work.

And I haven't been doing wet sets for very long either. I had to find what worked for me as opposed to what type of curlers will work with my hair type.

Bristle curlers 
Sponge curlers 

Neither one of these worked.  I found rod curlers from Con Air that were used in salons (I remember mom getting her hair permed with them)

Here's what I use for my wet sets (this may not what every pinup uses but it works for me) I watched a YouTube video of Cherry Dollface and worked with it.

Materials:



Curlers  of your choice
Blow dryer
Brush
Setting lotion or gel
Scarf
Pomade
Hair Spray

I watched a Cherry Dollface video which showed how to do the particular wet-set I do.

1. You can use clean hair or a few days old hair depending on your hair type.
2. Add some setting lotion or gel to your hair. I use curl gel from Herbal Essences about a dime size amount and I run it through my hair before blow drying.
3.Use partially damp hair. That works for me hence why you need the blow dryer. Towel dried hair did not work for me again this depends on your hair type.
4. Now comes the fun part! Rolling your hair divide your into sections and roll them up this again is trial and error to get the rollers just right.



5. Next take scarf or bandanna and tie it over your curlers to hold them in place.(I forgot to take a photo of that one lol)
6. The next day (or in my case night)  remove curlers so your hair will look like this:

My apologies for not smiling! I was tired


7. Now you will need some pomade (I use Lady Luck by Big Slick) and run it through your hair:


8. Then you will brush the curls out and shape them. My hair is easily staticy so I just add more pomade if need be. You can use a paddle brush if you have one (I am hoping to get one soon!)

9. Once you get your curls the way you want them add some hairspray for hold I use Suavecita


10. Last but not least you can hair flowers or whatever you want to it!


Ta da! You have fun vintage-style curls!

Have a great week!

XO,

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts