T-shirt scrap anklet

Thus proving you make something from anything even a scrap from a t-shirt! I was feeling rather on the sad side Thursday after I got up from sleeping. I’ve been having some rather odd dreams lately it could be the reason for my sadness? Maybe. Anyways I had to do something crafty anything to lift my spirits a bit.

I came a across a strip of t-shirt material from an old Kenny Chesney concert shirt. I am in the process of making the shirt into a pillow (#106 things about me I love pillows). So I looked at the strip and realized it’d make a cool bracelet then I changed my mind quickly to an anklet.

I used to wear anklets a lot during the summer especially in the days of bare feet, but I realized I hard wear them anymore along multiple bracelets or whatever. But back to the task at hand I reached down for my bead box and set to work. Here are the end results:



These are leftover beads from a Wally world kit bought many moons ago. I decided to put a not in after each bead for a look I guess. I then quick dug for my alphabet beads and found a K and C to end the piece nicely. Here is a close up:




Thank the spotted canary for this project. It was on the same post as the junk drawer necklace (still a work in process) Miss Thrifty shares a necklace made of a t-shirt scraps but you could certainly make bracelets or in my case an anklet.

****************

I’ve been on a “craft what you have” kick now since money is a bit tight for me. It is what it is I often say but I do have lots of goodies to play around with and more in likely VBS stuff will be that way as well, if not dollar store purchases but the kids don’t care. But it also means no trips to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Preicous Treasures aka my houses of worship *sigh* I do have the kids plan on making get well cards one of the days and I may just have to dig in the box that Vicki gave me and let them use some of the stickers maybe???

This will be my last non-kiddo project for a while as I will be sharing VBS related goodness next week, however I may try to squeeze in a sneak peek perhaps we’ll see how that goes.

Later days!


Comments

Popular Posts