Old school

Got to love a classic!! At least I do *grins*. Today’s project is an oldie but a goodie:

Tissue paper + clear glue + a mason glass jar = a pretty vase.


I remember doing this project as a kid (it was in my American girl’s craft book) and making a pencil jar for my grandma. At VBS the little kiddos did the technique with tissue paper on Joseph’s coat of colors. It’s basically a stained glass window technique layering tissue paper and glue until you get that shine.



I thought about all this leftover tissue paper I have and a few Mason jars at church in my room closet. So I remembered to grab the jar and set to work on it Sunday night during Family Guy.

So easy to do and fun! I plan on getting some spray fixitative this week and then putting flowers in it and taking the jar to the cemetary soon.
**********************************
Sunday was our VBS program only one of my kiddos showed :( Miss Jocelyn. She did an excellent job though. Father's day was good we took dad out to Village Inn then I crashed! Then later I went through my bead box after making this jar.
Yesterday was super productive day for me. I cleaned my side of the room, stripped my bedding and washed it along with some work clothes, managed to get my car vacuumed out, and got some crafting time in during a Twilight/New Moon movie marathon. Since Eclipse will be out in a week ;-)
Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts