A year later

Wow hard to believe this here page is a year old. I recently looked back at my first and couldn’t help but chuckle. The only reason I looked at it because I am in a working process to get my labels all to flow together and what not I recently figured out to display some of them so you just click onto something then back track (unless your into that sort of thing).

I am reminded of the motto of the Virginia Slims cigarettes (are they even still around? I don’t smoke so I have no flipping clue) “You’ve come a long way baby” indeed it has. I still am hoping to have more followers in the near future and one day I’d like to be featured on the buzz worthy bloggers of note but for now I will keep writing and creating away.

Today is the day Relay For Life. Probably right now I am trying not run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything squared away. Despite all the set backs, disappointments and whatever I faced it’s all worth in the end to see my dad take his lap as a survivor.

So in honor him today I am sharing my decorated luminarias:






Yes of course I had to have a Simpson one. Dad loves The Simpsons as much as we do. He in fact has a collection of large and small vinyl characters courtesy of yours truly and two Simpsons t-shirts and one pair of Homer I am so smrt (I mean smart) PJ pants. I remember as kid he use shout “Why you little!” One of Homer’s quotes, he’s jamming out to a guitar (probably Grand Funk Railroad), which I chose because dad rocks and on the back Bart, Lisa, and Maggie to represent my sister, brother and I.

2007 was supposed to be great year, I had just moved out on my own things were going great then dad got sick our lives changed. I remember he was admitted in the hospital for blocked kidneys and a case of diverticulitis a stint was put in and he was released. Soon after tests were ran they discovered he had a tumor in his bladder and it was cancerous. I remember he came to my door and told I instantly broke down. Just thinking the worse, however dad was positive. The day after Memorial Day 3 years ago he had surgery to have his bladder removed. God was watching over us because the cancer hadn’t spread.

Now 3 years later dad is cancer free. The journey has been long and hard but well worth in the end. The American Cancer Society is the official sponsor of birthdays. That is their motto “Celebrating a world with more birthdays” so true.

Happy Birthday Maggie the Artist blog and here is many more years to come!


Comments

Popular Posts