And all I got was a poisoned glass

Thursday is McDonalds day for my brother and I. Right after bowling we hit the drive through and eat some yummy McDonalds. Actually the tradition of going to McDonalds once a week goes back to when I was a kid and we’d go on Saturdays. Since dad works days after school gets out, we’ll all go and have supper at Mickey D’s (as it is also known).

Well, if you already know, Shrek Ever After is out (haven’t seen it heard mixed reviews) and Mickey D’s is the promoter of the movie and whatnot so they do the kids meal, other promos, etc. One being the cool collector glasses, for a $1.99 with a value meal, which in itself is a sweet deal. Consider and grown up kids meal or whatever.

So I really wanted a Puss in Boots character (snickering aside) glass but they had Princess Fiona instead so okay no big it was settled. We got our food, the glass and sat down to eat. Well I noticed the manager had come and grabbed the glasses display and take it to the back. At the time I really didn’t think much of it.

It wasn’t until at Relay that Mary sent me a text saying the glasses were recalled. WHAT??? It had cadmium in them so they were recalled 12 million of them. Including mine. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2010-06-04-mcdonalds-recall-shrek_N.htm?csp=34&POE=click-refer

Well it’s a good thing I hadn’t drunk out of the glass yet. I had shown it to Mary Thursday night and then went to bed. All I can says is:







How could a glass the cute be so poisonous? I guess even the wicked queen has been up staged by an Ogre, a donkey, and a cat in boots. Well played.



Comments

Popular Posts