Stuck at prom

Hello and happy Friday! This weekend the posts will be post-dated, as I am off for the weekend and trying to get VBS stuff finalized. Since next week will be all VBS related posts. Without furhter ado...


Duck Tape Brand holds an annual contest “Stuck at the prom” basically it’s a contest for high school aged couples who are encouraged to make their prom attire strictly from duck tape. Here is the link to the website: http://www.duckbrand.com/ this will take you to the home page and you will see a link for the stuck at the prom page then you can see all the entries for this years contest. Voting begins June 18th. The winners will get a scholarship!

So in honor of the contestants I am sharing a duck tape project of my own and plus I’ve been meaning to share this project for like a year now:





The duck tape purse. I won’t bore you with the story if you’re interested (I still don’t know how to link up previous post with each other yet but it’s August 12, 2009) and it took me this long to get on here go figure. Anyways yes it’s made of strictly of 100% duck tape.

The inside is turquoise as you can see.






The flower I did use glue dots to attach it to the purse.





I haven’t completed one (the purse) in a while I have maybe like 3 or 4 half done purses mainly it’s because I ran out of duck tape. And I've sold 3 of them (go me!).
I need to expand my duck taping creating into some of the complicated items like the wallet. Again I wish I would knew about the prom when I was in high school cause boy I sure would of rocked the duck tape dress. Probably would of been cheaper too. Oh well.
I do admit it is hard medium to work with but once you get the hang of it there is nothing you can't do! After checking out the contestants, hop back over to the duck tape website and check out the crafty projects you can do with duck tape!
Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts