VBS Day 1

This week is the start of VBS for me. It usually isn’t this late in the month we usually have it earlier in the month but whatever. I have about four kids that actually signed up unofficially I have six. I am hoping some perhaps will sign up the day of. I will have Miss Jocelyn and Josiah but not my boys Mason and Sam :( it is what it is they are growing up after all.


So I will share each day except probably Wednesday and Thursday since those will be my days off (so you'll have a regular post Thursday). What the kids will be basically learning, Bible memory verse, making in my class as a craft and the critter of the day. Oh yes there are critters. Ever since I started teaching VBS again the younger kiddos have been getting critters these little vinyl things with the word of the day or whatever on them. The kids sure love them, have a blast playing and collecting them. Without further ado...



Day 1 Trust



Bible Story: Abraham and Sarah Gensis 12:1-9



Memory verse: Let the LORD lead you and trust him to help. Pslam 37:5



Critter: Faye the zebra




Ok that's Faye. Why she is named Faye is beyond me why not Zoey? Again whatever.


So I will have the kiddos help put together a baobab tree (that's the theme of VBS Baobab Blast) they will add to it each day should be interesting. According to the book it's where everyone gathers in Africa.


Since today is Flag day I will have the kiddos make flags:




Easy peasy just coloring the flag, then my helpers and I will attach them to the dowels. Also they will do finger print art, which I failed to prepare an example (bad me I know) but I will show you tomorrow. Baobab fact says that every zebra has a unique pattern on its coat, the same way humans have unique fingerprints. Thats where I got the idea to do finger print art.

I also have coloring sheets on hand because it's always a long morning and it's always nice to have plenty for them to do.

That's it for now wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts