VBS Day 3

I decided to go ahead and post for today but tomorrow will be a post-dated regular crafty non VBS post then by Friday I will try and catch up so there might a heavy post in the blogging forecast.


Day 2 went swimmingly it was my 3 amigos Jocelyn, Izzy, and Peyton oh and my VBS partners in crime William and Tanner. William is sweet beyond words I really thought he was going to be all teenage jerk boy *groan* but he is still sweet as he was in Sunday school he’s makes me laugh and is considerate plus awesome with my kiddos. Same with Tanner he's great! William offered to decorate my room with create paper (since my decorating were lacking for some reason) and Tanner helped I knew where they were during opening so I wasn’t too worried as long as I was down there I felt it was fine no big thing. However the Pastor’s wife whom is a bit on the anal side (sorry not very Christian like of me but it’s so true!) asked where all the teachers were note: all the other teachers are youth age in their teens I’m the only over 20 teacher (not counting Pastor’s wife, Evan’s mom, or Sam’s mom since well they are older than 20 oops lol) they consider me an equal sometimes I still act like I’m 18 anyways so…

She sent a kitchen helper (whom shall remain nameless due to the fact I loathe her again not Christian like I know but I have my reasons so there) she basically yelled at them to come to opening. For Pete sakes it wasn’t like they were doing anything bad. Oh well. I did get some shots today:

Jocelyn and Izzy helping lead Jesus Loves Me ♥









You can't see it (sorry) but it's my inflate monkey (Maurice's bro Manwell) that William had "doing the superman" on the ceiling.





The monkeys the kids colored.



The kids also got to go outside yesterday it was so NICE out like the first in days we’ve had buckets poured on us lately. I got a bunch of the girls together to play with the parachute they loved it! I snagged some fun shots on my power shot. Overall a great day!

Onto day 3

Day 3 Follow

Bible Story: Jesus calls his disciples Luke 5:1-11, 27-32, 6:12-16, 8:1-3

Bible Memory Verse: I will study your teachings and follow your footsteps Psalm 119:15

Critter: Bud the Elephant

I’m a very bad teacher. I forgot to bring what the kids are going to make and photograph the elephant and monkey again. It’s nothing-hard just foam stuff and possibly we’ll do actual footprints with paint. Since I have only three kids, two helpers and myself we can each take a kiddo go outside where it’s less messy then in the room where we can do it and have a basin of water to wash there feet. I’m confident. It bothers me a bit that Pastors wife and others don’t think my age of kiddos can do complicated crafts, if they aren’t given a chance and the benefit of a doubt that they can do complicated things like big kids that’s why I do them. I am a creative risk taker (that’s what being Indie is all about! *grins*) and you sometimes learn from those risks but I am willing to do it!

I will let you know the results soon! Oh and I'm babysitting Mason and Morgan for a while too today after VBS maybe we'll go to the park and do a photo shoot ;-)

Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts