Cocktail (parasol) anyone?

Hello! I am officially here (I think). Life has been pretty crazy but I am getting back into the swing of things.

Sooo as a self proclaimed beach bum that I am the lover of things there of you know sand, shells, water, and these:





Cocktail parasols!

Really I have no idea how to explain my love of them like I can’t explain my love for sticky notes. It just is what it is.

But you know the cool part is? They aren’t just for drinks! Really!

Observe:

All you do is take a Styrofoam ball cut about an inch of the bottom of the parasol then you stick into the ball. Repeat until it’s full or when there’s no white left, which ever comes first.


And now your wondering okay I made this now what? You can make a bunch and display on actual cocktail glasses at a party or string them up and hang them outside. In fact the ones Mary and I made were a part of our campsite at Relay until the storm came they were tragically destroyed :(

If you’re feeling really creative try other foam shapes too! I wish I had a picture of it but back when I was living at home during my college days, I had made a 3-D college of these with a big piece of foam and hung it on my wall. I had seen in a fashion magazine and re-created it. Sadly there wasn’t enough room for it at my new place. Perhaps I will make a smaller scale one. I have a tone of parasols left!

I end this post with a photo of Mr. Bean from Bean the movie it cracks me up!



Later days!






















Comments

Popular Posts