Cards x 3

As I said yesterday I managed to get some crafting time in this weekend. I felt it was important to and besides I have a few b-days coming up. Holy snikes there was so MANY b-days in June (thanks to the handy feature on FB you know when all your friends b-days are). But now July approaches I have 2 (Miss Bailey’s & my BFF Mary’s). I have one more June b-day (Morgan’s) the 30th. Also I have Shannon’s belated b-day card in the mix too. No, I didn’t forget she was on PTO last week I won’t be able to give it to her until today that’s why this post is on the late side because I wanted to wait until she got it.

Without further ado…

I’m starting with Bailey’s card. It’s another pocket card I had already given her mom (my friend Beck) and her sis Brittney the same card so I stuck with the theme I mean why not? I just went with a simple approach with Bay’s card:


I used the last of my cupcake b-day stickers (EK success) but I will get more they are awesome. I also used an already pre-cut tag here with the bandanna paper (Martha Stewart); I added a cupcake on the other side (Jolee’s) and some pink/green dotted ribbon I had. The card overall has kind of an 80’s which is weird since Bay was born in the 90’s but whatevs it was late and I was watching the Nanny and maybe the bright colors she wears had something to do with it.

Morgan’s card:




I was thrilled to find a Happy Birthday sticker (Me & my Big Ideas) in my g-sale bag mix so I made a clean and simple card. I did add some streamers on the inside.

Shannon’s card:






I went the card making extra mile on Shannon’s since it was her 30th b-day. She loves monkeys so this was the inspiration for her card. The monkey on the front is from my coloring sheets I made copies of from VBS. I loved it and I knew Shannon would too so I colored with colored pencils (after shrinking it down like 50 times) then I used my jungle/palm tree paper, which you have seen before.

The greeting:

I am true to this motto. I am such a kid at heart.

_______________________________________________

Okay so now time for my secret check out this link:

http://www.fremonttribune.com/news/local/article_7e9171a2-7ee0-11df-86e7-001cc4c002e0.html

I’ll wait (hums the Jeopardy music). Done ok?

Yes yours truly is hoping to be one of the artists to design a bench. How cool would that be?? At first after reading the paper last week, I couldn’t think of anything but while eating a salad and watching The Simpsons the ideas flowed like water. I’ve decided to submit two ideas. I would to submit more ideas but I have this odd fear that all would be chosen then I’d have like 20 benches to do um no.

The cool part; is my college instructor James is a part of it!! James is the bomb. He is an awesome artist.

Major cool part is I will get paid for this. Such a plus for me because I have mostly done a lot of free lance work, for charity, and stuff for me. I have gotten paid for my duck tape purses, a few jewelry items but from what I end off the entry form there is major bucks in this; which for me would be freaking sweet, that way I can pay school next year. If I get chosen that is. I would so wait another year to go to school if I could pay for some of it myself without relying on student loans *groan*.

All right this post is major long time to wrap.
Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts