It's happening again

I am thinking about Halloween mainly my costume. Now you’re thinking what in the fray is she thinking about Halloween when’s almost the middle of June?? Well, when your 1. An artist and 2. Halloween is your favorite holiday (besides St. Patrick’s day). You have to start thinking about your costume early if you’re going to make your costume that is.

Last years costume well I ended up being a sort of genie/fortune teller. It wasn’t really homemade. Sometimes I feel like I sell myself out giving into the commercial-ness of Halloween when I buy my costume. My medusa costume was half bought and half made. I bought the costume just to steal the snake wrap bracelet (which was cheap am still on a mission for one though) and the rest was my wardrobe (I wear a lot of black being an artist it comes with territory) including neon rubber snakes from the dollar store.

The same with my pirate costume and I added my ducky slippers. Oh but the best costume I ever made was the washing machine. I worked my butt off on that costume and it awarded me 1st prize and a gift card to Whisky Creek (a local joint where there are peanut shells on the floor) but I foolishly left outside in the rain and wound up being a Dale Jr. cheerleader (reject) for Halloween that year. Oh and I was also an 80’s girl but I did make the pants.

But I’m rambling again as usual. It seems odd that during the summer I think about this sort of thing but hey there you go I’m sure there are people who think about Christmas now. Last year I considered being a geek or nerd. But covered in fake bugs. Now another thing about me (#102 and counting) I’m not too found of bugs being a girl again it comes with territory and yet I’m a tomboy (#103) I like frogs and lizards but hate snakes too (#104). But the fakes ones I can handle. In fact of my scrap booking magazines shares a layout regarding the geek costume but for a kid, I am a kid at heart (#105).

I think it might be a fun costume plus an excuse to wear my all my ink pens. All I need is an oxford shirt (Thrift store here) a pair of my scrub pants, Buddy Holly style type glasses with tape in the center, and probably some converse shoes (hey an excuse to buy them yes!) in neon green or something, and a net.


Now here’s hoping I don’t think of anything else between now and October we’re in business.

Comments

Popular Posts