VBS Day 2

Before I begin Day 2, I’m going to recap Day 1 for y’all. Turns out I had only three students Jocelyn, Izzy, and Peyton. Peyton is the only boy in class for the first time EVER in VBS history (in a long time for me) the girls out number the boys! Usually I have all boys (the past two years) or in my case at Sunday school all boys and Miss Jocelyn. Now don’t get me wrong I love boys (most of the time) but it’s nice to have a girl once in awhile that enjoys the pretty girly things I plan without bickering. Oh and I have to boy helpers William who used to be my student and Tanner who helped me last year who is awesome actually both boys are. Despite what William tells me I know the truth! :)

Anyways the kids enjoyed the finger print art (and I forgot to snap a photo on my cell and was too busy snapping photos with my power shot) Peyton really liked it he made his fingers walk like a spider across the paper! What was even good Tanner and William colored with the kids see it doesn’t matter how old you get you can still color! Here are some shots:



The zebras the kiddos and boys colored





And the start of our crocked Baobab tree.


All the kiddos had to stay it was too wet to go outside! I dislike those days because that means the kids stay inside and are hyper because it’s right after snack time and they are loaded up on sugar. They kiddos loved my Frisbee golf game added bonus. Not sure what today brings yet. I may have another Payton (a girl this time spelled with an a not e) who is Izzy’s cousin and maybe my other two boys kiddos will show up. But onward!

Day 2 Love

Bible Story: Joseph and his brothers. Genesis 37:41-45

Bible Memory Verse: Love never fails 1 Corinthians 13:8

Critter: Amy the Monkey

Stupid me I left my critters at church so you’ll get a picture of Amy later (again what is with these names?).

I love this story! If you’re not familiar it’s Joseph and the coat of many colors or the amazing techno-color dream coat, as it’s known on Broadway. This happens to be one of my favorites besides Noah’s ark, and Jonah and the Whale. So of course the kiddos will be making little Josephs:




I'd gotten these people cards at OTC long ago and cut them apart, to use for various projects in fact I’m down two boys and still have tons of girls left. I have the kids draw a face on Joseph then the take scraps of cloth I have to make their own coat of colors.


And monkey masks:

From paper plates, I know it’s not the greatest when trying to get to projects cranked out at once so you an example for the kiddos. If there is time we might make get well cards for to give to the Pastor for shut in. But William noticed my scratch art postcards that I pulled out of my Sunday school stash closet for an emergency extra rainy day craft project and suggest we do these today as always I’m down for whatever!
________________________

I am hoping to squeeze in some regular craft time. I need to make a birthday card for an upcoming BIG birthday I got a start on it the other night. Plus I am re-working a t-shirt purse that made a little over a year ago. It’s needs to be re-stitched and I’m re-thinking the closure.
That's all for today pray for dry weather so we can go outside!

Comments

Popular Posts