Bathroom Re-make (Again) Part 1

I've lived in my apartment in 10 years in April (which is so crazy) and I've done so many re-makes to my bathroom. Honestly, since it's such a small space I think is part of the reason why I like re-doing it. Also I get bored easy with style and constantly want to change it. 

I started with a beach theme then (if I am remembering right), Pink/Black with Zebra striped, then I attempted a mermaid design before it was trendy, followed with red/black rockabilly theme, to mermaids yet again (my most recent theme) and now to a gothic bathroom. 

Changes:


The first major change was getting rid of the 2nd cabinet. Which I will admit was a hard one since I've had it since 2016 and it went through 2 re-makes itself.  But if I am being honest, I wasn't using the cabinet as much as I had been since I cleaned the beauty room. I had most of my makeup on the blue cart so the cabinet wasn't getting that much use anymore. 

I went to Hobby Lobby to look for options (since I could not find a reasonable coffin shelf) and they had home accents on sale for 50% off. I came across this one:


Which after hanging and figuring out how to arrange it, I really fallen in love (#adulting). I can't believe what a difference this shelf has made!

The next change was removing the big blue cart and sticking it in the beauty room basically doing a swap with the smaller silver cart I got before Gordman's closed:


This really freed up space around the sink. I moved the toilet paper basket in this corner because I had a lot of clutter between the left side of the toilet and the tub. The next change was this black basket also another Hobby Lobby find. I use this to throw laundry in when I'm in the bathroom for a bath instead of just making a pile on the floor.

Bathroom window:





The bathroom window is in a really odd location right above the tub. I had a clear shower curtain (since I moved in) In front of that window. Honestly who knows how long that curtain has been there (ew). I never really thought about getting rid and or replacing it. 

But after I replaced my old shower curtain (next post). I had the idea of replacing the other curtain. It actually was an oops but turned out for the better. I had purchased a sheer black curtain to put in my bedroom but totally failed in getting a pair of them so I decided to put it over the window in the bathroom:



I hung the old shower curtain (after I washed it) in the bedroom underneath my black curtains to add extra darkness to the room. Since I don't shower I don't have to worry too much about the curtain getting wet and I can move it out of the way during baths. 

For now, it's only temporary since warmer weather is around the corner and eventually the window AC will have to go back into the one window in my room. I'll swap the curtains around then.

Basket:


I got rid of the turquoise basket that was by the tub and replaced it with this black one from Target. 




What I am keeping (for now): 


The Cabana Boy sign and the mermaid to the right of it. I will eventually re-wallpaper this wall once I get my bedroom wallpapered (I'm hoping to have extra). 

That's it for part 1. I'll share part 2 soon!

Stay Spooky!

Miss Mag Nificent 




Comments

Popular Posts