Sunday Thoughts: Beverly Clearly




Beverly Clearly passed at 104 last week.

That's one amazing life!!

Growing up, reading was a struggle for me. I was in special reading classes through Junior High. Beverly Cleary books were a pivotal moment in my childhood. She's written so many books!! 

Favorites:

Ralph S. Mouse-Mouse and The Motorcycle

This is one of my first Beverly Clearly books my teacher read to us. I got a kick out of Ralph's ping pong ball helmet!!

Ramona Quimby 

All of Ramona's books are good. I could relate to Ramona a lot in my childhood being the youngest, misunderstood, playing with the neighbor boy, being creative, and learning big lessons. I remember I did a book report on Ramona Forever and my teacher at the time was so proud at how well I did. That book was at a pivotal moment for me. Ramona lost her cat Picky Picky and I also loss my dog around that time as well it was my first real true experience with death it was a really hard concept at the time. Imagine what Beezus and Ramona had to go through they were home alone, when they found him and handled it themselves which had to a big step as young children. 

Another favorite is Ramona Quimby Age 8 there's something about it that I enjoy. 

Muggie Maggie 

I swear this book was written about me at the time (minus being an only child and having a dog). Learning how to write in Cursive was a struggle!!! It's a sweet story 

Cleary's books stand the test of time. 

What's your favorite Beverly Clearly book? 


 Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts