Covid 19 1 Year Later


In the words of Carrie Bradshaw.... And just like that.... It's a year later. Officially Covid hit my town March 6, 2020. Since then in Nebraska there has been approx. 200,000 confirmed cases and 2,000 deaths. I know globally the death too is over 500K it's hard to fathom let alone that this virus is STILL A THING a year later.

Granted, I know that things wouldn't go back to normal right away but I feel like Butters here....


I remember what I was doing March 12, 2020, I traveled to Lincoln to visit my bestie, my niece and nephew for what would be the last time. The restaurant was eerily empty as we watched on the news the domino effect that followed as everything canceled. Hell I still I went out a few days later to Omaha to shop for beauty room items. Then everything officially shut down after that.


From one of the last times I would eat out in Spring 2020 

I wouldn't officially write about it until March 22, 2020. It feels like groundhog day in a sense. We all had to learn to adapt and change rather quickly. Some places still aren't open to the public (some of our small restaurants aren't), we still have to mask up everywhere, etc. Although numbers are down (there was a BIG surge here in November) we have a long ways to go.


One thing is now there is a vaccine and it feels good to somewhat protection. My dad and brother are as well. We just have to keep moving forward. I would like to think that maybe by summer 2021 things might be a tad normal-ish? I can't predict that I want to be hopeful however, it may not be until 2022 or even 2023. 

For me, I haven't had much a of break job wise (unless you count my days off), since I'm essential I have to pretty report for duty unless I'm sick which I have BEEN very lucky because my department got hit hard around Thanksgiving. I know many people are still working from home, still in quarantine, the list goes on.... 

What I have learned from this virus is... to live your life. I get some are fearful and are taking extra precautions but I also know what is like to have everything I love taken away from me. It's such a fine line. But I have learned as well that the pandemic has brought out the worst in people sadly. When we needed to be band together I feel like it's pushed people apart. It's part of the reason for taking a break from Social Media back in January. 

I will be traveling tomorrow further than Omaha since the pandemic to North Palette. I am anxious yet excited since both my bestie and I are both vaccinated. I am hoping to stop at Fort Cody for some huckleberry tea as well!

When I originally was writing this post, it was a bit of a downer but I decided I don't want to be that way. I want to give a glimpse of hope that things will eventually to somewhat normal (or as normal as we can get). 

Miss Mag Nificent    



Comments

Popular Posts