Sunday Thoughts: COVID 19



Wash those hands! 


I wanted to write about the recent events on the virus that has really thrown everyone for a loop. It's a scary and uncertain for sure.

When there was word the virus came to my hometown it was a shock. There was a Special Olympics Basket ball tournament at my local YMCA where a young woman (who is my age) had the virus not knowing and competed. It sprung panic into everyone and rightfully so. My brother used to compete but luckily he was not at the tournament since he no longer competes. We were lucky that he or my dad was not at the event.

At first, I will admit I wasn't too concerned about the virus. I made jokes (I use dark humor to cope) and actually ventured out. I donated to Goodwill, I went out to eat even shopping. Dealt with my crazy ass neighbors. But it became more evident and serious as the days wore on. Events were starting to cancel, school was letting out, nursing home shutting down. It was clear this is serious. On Friday the 13th I went grocery shopping after doing laundry I saw the crowds of people it was unreal. Shelves were empty (no toilet paper, cleaning stuff, hand sanitizer the list goes on) It really tested my patience. World of Wheels was still ago at this time but I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. My anxiety went through the roof. I decided to skip WOW (that and because of the snowstorm too) and stay home to re-ground myself.

This last week was really hard and I came home Tuesday in tears stressed and overwhelmed. I turned off all my notifications on my phone for news, etc. Disabled Facebook and moved forward. It has been hard to navigate through the definite uncertain times even last year with the flood it was really hard 10 fold. I have been getting back into crafting, working on the beauty room. It's been hard not to go out and do my normal routine such as running errands or even going thrifting. As much as I love being introverted, I love being extroverted too and spending time with friends.

If you would have told me a year ago I would be working back at the hospital during this time of crisis (round 2) I wouldn't have believed you. I am more grateful for this job more than ever. I almost feel like I've gone back in time to when I was younger and things closing early etc.

Before I wrap up this post. I want to share some other things you can do during this virus:

*Support small businesses even when they're closed: Most of them have moved online but they are still going to struggle. Buy gift cards, or products (Iron-brush Tattoos are selling T-Shirts).

*Check in on friends or loved ones: I don't have Face time but I have it on messenger though. Make sure they are okay. Especially recovering alcoholics.

*Donate Donate Donate! It's obvious everything is pretty much closed but a lot non-profits still need help to buy supplies and whatnot.

*Offer meals to kiddos who are out of school who don't get a lunch. Since school is out some kiddos are not getting a lunch or breakfast or their parents can't afford groceries for that long of a period.

*If you have elderly neighbors or family check in on them. Or offer to run errands for them so they don't have to go out.

Wednesday's post I will be sharing my anxiety tool kit and the rest of the week will be "business as usual" here on the blog. I still want to share my life, etc. I want to have an upbeat place to as an escape from reality for a while.


Stay safe everyone!!

Miss Mag Nificent

Comments

Popular Posts