Self Care Routine

Happy Wednesday!

With the recent COVID19 outbreak and things been so uncertain/scary it can really impact your mental health. I know it did with mine up until about Wednesday and Friday I got worked up. I was supposed to go Saturday to World of Wheels (one of the only events that hadn't canceled yet) to hang with my pinup gals but after the unexpected snow storm, I decided to stay home. Then I did a major self care day and felt 10 times better. So I wanted to share some of things that I do to help me feel somewhat better.

*Step away from Social Media: This is a big one. If you have to disable or uninstall Facebook, Twitter, etc. It's crazy how wrapped up and toxic it can get.

*Wear comfy clothes: I love over sized t-shirts from Target (from the men's section) soft shorts, and flowly pants.

My favorite shirt!


*Bathes and Face Masks: Probably an obvious one but there is nothing I love more than sitting in the tub with a bath bomb and I do a face mask about once a week it really helps!!

*READ! Probably my favorite activity but it's good for self care. I read this the other day:



*Clean house: This is what I did Saturday. I put away my laundry, made my bed (it does make a difference!), and worked on my beauty room. Also organize!

*Craft: If you're crafty make something! If not grab a coloring book, a word find book or whatever tickles your fancy!

*Eat something: Sounds cliche but listen to your body if you're hungry eat! I always enjoy comfort food during tough times it's okay to indulge.

*Workout: Go to the gym or since we're supposed to stay home do at home workouts! You Tube has a ton of videos (I like Pop Sugar Fitness), there are apps and pinterest is chalk full of them! Get a little creative. If the weather is nice go for a short walk.

*Watch you favorite show: Netflix (or Hulu) and chill. I watch some of my favorite movies on DVD, I also LOVE watching old Jeffree Star videos they relax me.

*Listen to a podcast (or an audio book): I shared my list of favorite Podcasts back in December (I will be updating soonish) also listen to your favorite music!

*Play with makeup or set your hair: My hair is getting longer these days but I still manage to set my hair about once a week. But it's definitely therapeutic.

*Take a Nap: Get plenty of rest!

Hope these ideas help! Stay safe everyone and wash your hands!

Miss Mag Nificent








Comments

Popular Posts