Shamrock Wreath

With St. Patrick's Day a week away, I finally got around to painting a wreath I got at Dollar Tree. It's been hard I admit to decorate for the holiday this year I'll get to that in a bit. 

Here's the wreath before:


It's super cute and I have been impressed with Dollar Tree's selection with craft products. I thought I had green paint in my stash but 1 bottle so I went to Hobby Lobby where acrylic paint is 30% off. I got the Anita brand was .79 cents so I bought 3 additional greens and a white. 

If you're feeling frisky, you can remove the banner pretty easily. I removed the hanger to paint it. 


It only took about 2 coats per shamrock (with touch ups) the bonus it dries fast too!

I was having a tough time of what to put on the sign. I wasn't feeling "Welcome" or "Happy St. Patrick's Day" so I came up with:


I used a Sharpie paint pen to use the text 



Super fun and super cute!

*******************************

As I mentioned, it's been hard to decorate for St. Patrick's Day this year. A lot of my decor is missing because of my studio/beauty room overhaul. I found pieces of them I even bought a new item (again 30% off at Hobby Lobby) but because of the flood last year I was in Omaha instead of being at home celebrating. I will be writing a post Sunday reflecting that it's been a bit emotional for me however I want to share my side of the story. 

Always putting the E in Extra,

Miss Mag Nificent 



Comments

Popular Posts