Ridge Cemetery Part 1: Story Time


  

I am working on some new posts with my Strange and Unusual headstones posts. But I had something rather unique happen to me. I will be breaking up this into two posts one today and the other Wednesday. 

In my town, we have a historical cemetery called Ridge which has a big back story. Along with the history, the cemetery itself has a lot of unique headstones to respect families privacy, I won't be sharing those. It's  a BIG cemetery and requires a lot of walking (or driving). I was amazed how much ground I covered in the 2 days I was out there.

On Thursday, I was carrying my pink pumpkin mask pouch from Rotten Glam (why I didn't attach it to my keys I have no idea) as I walked around snapping photos. I somehow lost said pouch, I re-traced my steps but could not find it. 

I had sometime of Friday before meeting a friend for lunch so I decided to set out (with proper shoes) to Ridge again to once again retrace my steps. I started at one end and worked my way across. There is a particular headstone that I remember looking at because it is of an angel but with a broken wing. I tried looking for that headstone again not able to locate it. I was about to give up when I started to drive away I was going to sip some of my Dr. Pepper..... There she was!




And a few feet behind her.....the pouch!!  




The headstone is of a Julia Alvina Walker who was 9 years old when she died. In fact, the 100 year anniversary of her passing is this coming October. I can't find anything back story on here sadly (not on find a grave). I think Julia is a playful child and perhaps she was drawn to my pouch? I also couldn't find her headstone right away as it is a little one and blends in with some of the larger stones at the cemetery. She seems to be a playful spirit. I've been to cemeteries before (another Calvary in Lincoln) and I felt some connections to an old headstone there.

Also I had a small scratch on my arm (on Friday it started to fade once I went back). Not sure if that was a conscience or not?  

Someone has visited her before hence the Christmas flowers. But I thought she deserved a little thanking:
 



I now have a little angel by the name of Julia! 

Stay Spooky! 

Miss Mag Nificent 

Comments

Popular Posts