Cabinet Remake

Happy Monday! Despite fighting sinuses again back to back I managed to have an good weekend. I'll recap what I did on Friday later this week but I wanted to share you my Saturday project! 


My friend Vicki whom I've known since I was little (her son Wes and I went to school together!) plus she worked with my dad too! She's a great creative friend and she always thinks of me when she cleans out her creative space! It's nice to have those kind of friends! :)

What she gave me was a metal cabinet right away I knew it would a perfect 2nd cabinet for my bathroom. As you know my bathroom though I love it is tiny! I've had to be creative with storage and actually my current cabinet isn't a "medicine" cabinet it's an everything else cabinet!

Here's a before picture:



The first thing I did was remove the Art Supplies off the mirror which was easier than I thought just some Windex and a razor blade.

Here's some other before shots of the cabinet:





And the inside:

As you can see it's a great shape just a bit of rust which is can be fixed with a couple coats of spray paint!

I didn't take a picture of it but I also covered the mirror in painters tape since I would need to spray paint the edges of the mirror too. Plus just in case I get a little crazy with the paint too! After much debate, I stuck with white spray paint (I almost went red or black my dad teased me about that!!) but honestly after I painted it the white made way more sense!

While the paint dried, I had brought some scrap booking papers to line the shelves with:



I had found from Scotch brand laminating sheets they worked perfectly!

My original plan was to use material if you remember in my other cabinet I lined the bottom with duck tape. But I had the paper already so I went with it! After everything dried, I used Scotch mounting tabs to stick them in place:



Here's the final shots:




Don't worry I took care of the drips!


Total coats took about 6 for everything. I did only 1 coat for inside and the bottom (which won't be seen). Then after a bit of clean up I hung it in my bathroom:



I turned this into my beauty cabinet for all my other beauty products that were in my main cabinet along with a few items that I had on my metal shelf. Which started to get compacted with stuff! The main cabinet is now an actual medicine cabinet! I also stored my little candles in it.

I am really happy how it turned out and plus who doesn't love an extra mirror for when you do hair? ;)

Have a great week!

XO,

Mags

Comments

Popular Posts