Stitched pages

I have completed pages! Of course I am still working on the sneaky peek pages I showed last week are half done. As in I have put what planned on the page and it is still missing something yeah. But I did complete a set of pages that really would utterly pointless to share as a sneaky peek because it would be giving it pretty much away so I decided just to share it:






The technique hails from my Altered Books Workshop book (yes I finally have the CORRECT title of the book) stitching as it’s called in the book. Easy peasy lemon squeezy here as opposed to the whole making a shadow box within the pages bit. Of course as you can tell I did the cool stuff with the inkpads again (love it!). These pages hold my outdoors/beach quotes. I got them at PT’s a while back and haven’t found a true use for them then it occurs to me I only have 3 quote tags and need one more to be even Steven (you know I like my even numbers!) Here are the quotes:

Again we took to the beach another day- Henry David Thoreau

The richness of LIFE is found in adventure- William Orville Douglas

It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, loves us- Charles Dickens

Tags: all from Mind’s eye.
All I need to do is take a cigarette lighter to fix so the ends won’t fray and presto!

The ribbon is garbo kiwi





Okay page close ups:




The products the label maker words, and the just floating license plate are ancient stuff so have no clue of the makers and such. I stuck the license plate on the right side to cover up the annoying text from the book mainly.





I am really pleased how this turned out though very fun, fresh, totally me the page reminds me of water. Are you ready to dive in?

**********************************

The weekend was wonderful. Friday as I mentioned we went to the Zoo in Omaha, had a smashing time. I didn't take nearly enough pictures as I thought I did though. Saturday was time at the lakes, then Sunday was the annunal Bade family reunion in Leigh Nebraska where dad's side of the family pretty much began.

I loved small towns I enjoy taking pictures of what I could, would love to have taken more. Maybe next time! I am hoping to make up to Hooper this week and spend time doing shots there.
I can't wait for Project Runway Thursday! Since my night off will be Thursday I probably won't get to post the review until Friday so stay tunned!

Later days!




Comments

Popular Posts