A bead spill is better than an oil spill

I try not to rant too much on certain issues (well except JM being photo shopped). As an artist I try to be a free spirit go with the flow and use the “Oh well philosophy” created by friend and co-worker Rhonda as much as possible. A rather humorous situation happened to me (it wouldn’t be my life it there wasn’t a ha-ha moment) observe the picture below:




A bead spill, that’s what you get when you don’t properly close your bead box. At first there was a few choice words about it. Then after pulling out everything else to get the beads at the bottom of my cute Joe Boxer bag (I know that’s besides the point) when I decided to snap a photo and found rather funny plus a topic for a post. Love how the universe works like that. It got me thinking of the oil spill.

BP you suck. And I’m pretty sure PETA is has nasty plans for like sticking oil in your drinking water for all the animals that are harmed because of this huge mess. Then I saw on Yahoo news the other day: Pudding like tar washes up on Florida Coast. Boy does that make you want swear of Jell-O pudding forever doesn’t it?

I really haven’t paid too much attention to the oil spill crisis. I just hear odds and ends. Mainly who has time to watch the news when there is valuable sleep to be had? I listen to the news on my local station during their morning show (shout out to Pat and JT in the mornings on Q98.5!) talk about the oil spill latest, about what the president says, etc. Oh and supposedly Kevin Costner has invented something to prevent it??

Back to my bead spill for a sec, here was my solution to prevent any future bead spills:




Rubber bands. Thank the office supply Gods for this great invention! Check it out:

Presto! No more bead spills.

Now if BP were as creative or MacGyver about it. They said they’ve tried everything. Really?? I highly doubt that. Maybe if they had an artist on the helm of this whole clean up mess, because we’re oh so resourceful you know we use everything in sight to create beauty. Or maybe they need the penguins of Madagascar:



"Whit, spit and duck tape.” -Skipper.

I’m just saying.

Comments

Popular Posts