Goodwill

Happy Friday!


Well, I have been meaning to do a post about Goodwill for a while, and I am now getting around to it. I went to Goodwill Thursday evening just to browse. My general rule of thumb when shopping at any thrift store is to browse and shop with an open mind. Most people tell me that Goodwill is so expensive. I can see that but as for me growing with 2nd hand clothes Goodwill is a bargain paradise! But I have an example of where this time where an item at Goodwill was ridiculously priced.

Okay so I usually start in the front of Goodwill and work my way towards the back. I sometimes stop to look at the jewelry when I noticed a wooden cigar box purse. I’ve found two one at Goodwill and one at a garage sale. Let me tell you they are rare so when I find one I pounce. This one was gorgeous the artist really outdid themselves. I began the inspection checking out everything, inside, the latch, and then when I came to the handle it was unattached. First I thought okay not a problem then I looked at the price $7.99 but here is the kicker they wrote, “As is on the tag”. WHAT??? Are you cereal? A purse with a defect and your charging $7.99??? Thanks but no thanks. I was a bit miffed by that fact. But I try not to let it get me down and continued my shopping.

Actually I did find some great items:

1. A shower caddy basket to put my markers in

2. A cute frog storybook, (that I can use babysitting too)

3. A nail dryer (it worked) mine is in the depths of the closet and probably broken

4. And a book to alter

Here is a picture:




The funny part was the total of my goods was around 7 bucks for the amount of the broken purse I was able to get four great items. All under ten bucks, so out of all my shopping experiences to Goodwill only one minor issue but I will still shop there because I love that store!
I will be posting about the book altering tomorrow!

Have a great weekend and stay cool!

Comments

Popular Posts