The birthday

I am 100% birthdayed out. There are no more family or friends birthdays until fall and winter that’s where I get slammed. It’s starts off with my mom and Mary’s mom in September then doesn’t stop my cousin Steve, Aunt, Uncle, and sister in October. Dad and my cousin Jessica in November, then my brother in December. Fun right? I better get started on their cards.

Mary’s birthday was great two fabulous days at the Fremont State Lakes AKA my 2nd home. I will be sharing some fantastic pictures I took with my cell on Wednesday. But I will recap the fun of Mary’s birthday.

I woke up Monday to go walking with dad as usual. I noticed how cool it was a bit unusual for July but whatevs good walking weather. As dad and I were approaching the final block on our walk the sky got nasty grumbled and then a bit of lighting. Crap I thought there goes the b-day girls plans along with my own. You see I was going to get sidewalk chalk and decorate it for Mary’s birthday along with some other decorating. I really tried to top the sticky notes but I think Mojo was burned out from the book altering fun the night before.

But I still had to go to Wal-Mart (boo!) to get crepe paper and some stuff to decorate then the rains came big angry drops hit my car (good thing I had the sun roof up). Then it down poured. I am no wuss to the rain so I bee lined it to the front while patrons looked on what for the rain to let up. I got my stuff in record time (I resisted temptation I.E. Bret Michaels CD Custom Built I can get cheaper at Hastings ha take that Wal-Mart!) then hurried home to start decorating. I decided to decorate the front door. It is the first thing Mary will see (duh) so it was an obvious choice. I colored some different aliens (Mary’s favorite) then hung stars.








Then it came time to hung the crepe paper (at buck 25 a roll when it used to be a dollar I'm just saying) Again since it was still damp so much for hanging the stuff outside. I decide to hang them inside in our door way between the living room in the kitchen:

Martha Stewart I ain't so some were uneven. I still had crepe paper left (that is one thing you never can run out of) so I hung some in front of the pictures on the door.





I decided to be done and hung the last star on the inside door ($3.00 for a pack of 5 again I'm just saying) to say the aliens have landed:




After all that, she thought I would of decorated her car. Oy. You can't win.

Then I laid down and wouldn't you know? The weather cleared up and we were able to have cookout #2 at the lakes. Cookout #1 was Sunday with Mary's sister Kimberly and crew since she had to work.

Later it was time for cake from Alotta Brownies (they rock)

Wedding cake flavor, and cream chesse icing Nom, nom, nom. I may have gained 20 lbs from the cake alone oh well. That's what Cardio class is for :-D

Thanks for sticking around for the recap! Later days!

Comments

Popular Posts