Project Runway Season 8!



Woo hoo! It’s Friday but also it’s time for me to recap on the premiere of Project Runway Season 8. You’re probably wondering well why am I reviewing a fashion show? Simple it is an art form like I’ve said before I can’t sew worth a dang (don’t even get me started on the sewing machine battle royal) and I have much respect for the people in the fashion world they’re artists too. I remember taking a course in fashion during college not easy we did all in on computer but still. Plus I am a reality TV junkie like any red blooded American should be. On with the show!

So our show begins with 17 lucky contestants:

1. Ivy

2. Carlos Casanova (I kid you not that is his actual last name he prefers to be called Casanova)

3. Sarah

4. AJ

5. Peach (she’s the oldest at 50!)

6. Nicholas

7. Mondo

8. Michael

9. McKell

10. Michael (notice there are two?)

11. Jason

12. Gretchen

13. April

14. Christopher

15. Valerie

16. Andy

17. Kristin

Once the contestants meet they are graced with the presence of Heidi Klum (Her husband is hot) and Tim Gunn. They are told that surprise! You’re still auditioning because there are only 16 spots for PR and they have a challenge right off the bat. Heidi tells them to grab something out of their suitcase to incorporate into their design but there is a twist they must pass their garment to the person on the right (does anyone have the song pass the Douche on the left hand in their head besides me?) and they must use the other persons garment in their design.

Sidebar: Casanova had a pair of brand new D & G pants he never even worn that he paid $1,070 for!! That was his garment (PS he’s not a Casanova ladies sorry.)

They have 5 hours to work. I felt sorry for Peach because she had one of the Michaels knit scarves to use and it was threadbare he goes “I only work in knit” sheesh.  The models come in I can usually tell from the guys who’s straight and who’s gay but I could 100% tell Jason was because he loved his model’s big boobs. Yeah. Casanova (can you tell already I don’t like this guy?) he wasn’t ready his model wasn’t even dressed yet (oops) and time was out.

It was time for judging with Michael Koors, Nina Garcia, Heidi and guest judge Selma Blair. The fashion show was okay a mix of really cute stuff to yikes, to OMG what the fray were they thinking? Yeah it was that bad. The ones who moved on were Sarah, AJ, Peach, Kristin, Mondo, both Michaels, Christopher, Valerie, Andy and Gretchen.

Gretchen won the challenge she had like a sparkly cardigan and made it rock. Totally not her style because she said she had a bohemian type style major props to her though for stepping outside her comfort zone!

Bottom 6 Ivy, Casanova, Nicholas, April, McKell, and Jason. Ivy had Peach’s pants that she basically made into pants and an old lady like top. All she did was scrunch them and changed them into Capri’s. She was a bit of a diva “I stand by my designs” please. Jason had the most material from a Kimono and he turned it into a dress, which Heidi said looked like her dressers cape (ouch).

Good old Casanova boy his dress was yikes! They said it was a stripper pole dress,  when his model came out Nina had an OMG look her on her face and at one point he didn’t understand what Heidi was saying that Nina had to translate for him. Okay Heidi has an accident but I can understand her! Mostly everyone used the excuse of not enough time and whined that they would try harder if given another.

Are you still with me? Almost done! So April, Nicholas, Jason, Ivy and yes Casanova (boo!) are still in.

Mckell got the axe. Poor chick despite the fact she had Bob Marley hair I liked her dress (she had a plain button down shirt that she turned into a dress) she was a new mom and such oh well however if she stayed I’m sure she might cry and miss her kid like I’ve seen on many Reality shows. Oh well. I’m hoping Mr. Casanova doesn’t last because seriously he’s a creep like I said a Casanova he isn’t. His poor D & G pants they looked better as a jumpsuit anyways.

Overall the show rocked and the extra time for show too genius more drama, they showed in season previews an all out fight if that isn’t good TV then I don’t what is.

Stay tuned for next week and I promise to share something creative soon!

Comments

  1. I LOVE Project Runway. I think it's amazing what those people can do with fabric. Loves it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts