An attempt at homemade wrapping paper

Ok so. I decided to attempt (that’s the keyword here) to make homemade wrapping paper for Mary’s birthday today. At first I was all jazzed up about it, wondering why I hadn’t done it before. Now I know why.

At first I thought (stupidly) I could draw shapes onto the wrapping paper but I realized that would take forever (and Mary’s birthday would be over by the time I got done.) So my other option was stamps. Didn't have to make my own or use raw potatoes like I've read so that left me with these clear Martha Stewart birthday stamps I got a while back. I hadn’t really used them yet. Just played.

The first page well sucked:




The 2nd a bit better:





Here is are the ones that actually turned out:



The balloons



The cake



Happy Birthday


The candles


By the time I got to the 3rd page, it was process of elimination time. I got rid of three stamps that weren’t well, up to their stamping potential they were the cupcake *sob, sob* the stars and the steamers or whatever the eff they were.

Here is the third page:


Less busy then the first that’s for sure. I guess third times the charm?

Oh the clear stamps? I am not fond of them. I miss the rubber ones (snickering aside) I had to use a wooden spool because I don’t have the “accessories” that go with these stamps and let’s just say that the spool was injured in the making of this craft:

I must have been asleep when the clear stamps became a hit. Knew I should used raw potatoes

Anyways, I’m not expecting Mary to ooooo and aahhh over it. It was the “thought” that counted here, and a way for me to save a lousy buck.


Next time I just use the buck and buy the darn gift bag.

Comments

Popular Posts