Another reason to dislike Wal-Mart

I should really write down the reasons I dislike Wal-Mart to see how many reasons there are. It sure would make an interesting post. Among many of the reasons it is the only store in town (besides our mall) to get anything. We have no Target or anything cool like that (when oh when will we get a Target??) most of us drive 40 miles to Omaha to get our fix (I know where each and every Target is in Omaha quiz me I dare you), or be like my dad and avoid Wal-Mart altogether.

If it were only that freaking simple. Wal-Mart is 2nd in place in town (Precious Treasures is the 1st) to get any scrap-booking supplies cheap. It was on a recent trip when I wandered to the scrap-booking section (which is now with the party supply stuff why? Your guess is as good as mine) just to see what was there and to make a mental list when I refresh my supplies. I noticed all brand new K & Company goodies, plus Jolee’s stickers, instant drool. Creeps. It made me also think about getting more goods for card making.

On July 4th we (Mary, her mom and I) like every crazy person was out shopping that day (we were in need of groceries) at Wal-Mart. I wandered off to look at the scrap-booking stuff again because I was in need of more blank cards, since I am down to my last one. As I looked around, I made the rather shocking and annoying discovery: They no longer carry the blank cards. I made sure they weren’t moved somewhere else. No luck. Double Creeps.

Which, it doesn’t surprise me really. They’ve token so much away already, what’s one more thing right? And it's not like I can boycott Wal-Mart because it's all we like have besides 3 other grocery stores and 1 mall. Grrr.

It has made me change my mind of watching Natalie Portman in Where the heart is, where she lives in a Wal-Mart. Heck with that. I’d rather live in a Target, Hobby Lobby or Michaels any day. At least then I knew I’d be taken care of.

Comments

Popular Posts