Mother's day

Happy Mother’s day to all the mom’s out there! I have loads to share today so let’s get right to it!

First off for my Sunday school kiddos to make for their moms:






It’s a jewel pen from Pack-O-Fun magazine (I love that magazine!) Pretty simple just glue dots, jewels, sequins, and an ink pen, I left space for writing. They also will decorate mini notepads with stickers. The notepads are simple enough so I didn’t make an example.

Moving on to what I made for my mom first her card:







It was also inspired by Pack-O-Fun. I just did a different version using a flower for the O instead of a heart. Letters are bumper letters a pack that Vicki gave me. The flower is from K & Company called Blue Awning brads. Now the funny part is I had no idea they were BRADS until I open the pack to make the card. Yup I am that blonde! Seriously I thought they were stickers because they were with the stickers. Nope so I just glued down the flower really well. It’s quite funny I will labels more clearly next time!

Last but not least, the gift I made for mom:





It’s an Elvis angel. I made this awhile a back while working on the altered fairies pack from Crafty Secrets. I had seen the musical note wings and knew it was perfect! The mini Elvis cutout I got at Precious Treasures. Then I got the dowel and spool from there too.



I painted the spool black and added silver glitter to give it a via Las Vegas look.

************************

Monday is the last Team Captains Meeting for Relay, then Saturday I am teaming up with a co-worker and we are having a garage sale Saturday for Relay.

I will have a challenge from Vicki to share I will probably try to get up Tuesday, and then my friend Tori is coming down from Virginia because she is graduating from Metro so I need to make a card for her. It’ll be nice to see her again, but her husband has been deployed so it’ll just be her this time. I admire her for her strength while he’s away. I know it hasn’t been easy on her.

Have a great week ahead and again Happy Mother's day!



Comments

Popular Posts