A scrubber???

I know what your thinking but believe me as the Crafty Chica Kathy says why not? When I read her post the other day about making a common dish scrubber into a shrine, I thought cool very rebellious and indie. It wasn’t until later when I was vacuuming out my car (AKA Shorty) that I thought about those scrubbers myself and I knew I had to make my own (thus proving I think about creative projects outside of the fortress of solute).

I noticed I had time to kill before Oprah came on at 4 (Bret Michaels was going to be on first official TV interview since his incident and I wasn’t going to miss it!!) so I thought okay I will hit the store for some scrubbers, now in her post Kathy used the silver shiny kind so I hit the nearby grocery store near the car wash to find said silver scrubbers (the things we do to fill our creative urge).

When I got to cleaning section of the store no silver scrubbers. Rats I thought okay no problem I will go to Wal-Mart despite my on going love hate relationship with Wal-Mart I figured they must have these scrubbers right? WRONG? The score Wal-Mart 1 Million Plus Maggie 2, so I left Wal-Mart cursing them as usual when they win. I still had like an hour to kill so my last stop was the $ Tree I figured third times the charm, and the $ Tree surprisingly has just about everything you can think of (even pregnancy tests but I wouldn’t recommend buying one there). So here I am at the $ Tree and THEY HAVE THEM! I think the creative gods where smiling upon me or just as tired as I was trying to find these darn things. However they weren’t silver shiny, at that point I was like “I’ll live with it!!” And I noticed the ones I purchased have a bit of a shine to then anyways so it’s win-win.

I wonder where I could find silver ones? I may have to investigate for future use. But here they are in my two favorite colors blue and green:




Stay tuned for part two and possibly three when I make something with these scrubbers! You won’t be disappointed!

Comments

Popular Posts