Twirl

It’s time once again! For one of Vicki's challenges *happy dance*. This challenge is creating something that is out of your element something you wouldn’t normally do. HMMMMM well that was easier said then done it involves this piece of paper:




Yeah it’s a round piece of paper. An intimidating round piece of paper I might add. Every time I go to my paper drawer pull it out look at it to see if I could possibly use it somehow, then back into the drawer it goes because I can’t never think of anything good to use for it and the paper wins. I swear I hear it laugh at me. Well not anymore!

So here is my challenge (I hear Mission Impossible music in my head) :

1. Use the round paper (the dreaded) for a layout. My norm is 12x12" (safe) squared paper.

2. Use only round items on layout letters, bellies, picture, etc.

3. Use only two colors pink and orange (the color of the dots on the paper)

4. Keeping the page simple not to busy it with odds and ends.



With that in mind here is the layout (taken inside because of the yucky weather):





It came together rather nicely if I do say so myself *grins*




That's Montanna (AKA Tanna) a former Sunday School student during VBS last year. She was "twirling" and I had my camera on hand, the rest as they say is history. Irony of the picture is her dress is pink and her little pouch is orange! lol.



Journaling: In a dress a girl just has to twirl.


Here's a shot of the dots:





I have to admit even though I was a tomboy growing up, when I wore a dress I did have to twirl in it- I think all girls do :)

What is the hardest for me to overcome the challenge of leaving the negative space be. I swear it was screaming at me when I completed it. But if you step back from it actually works because sometimes negative space is GOOD. Yes Maggie negative space is GOOD. Had to say it twice.

I ♥ doing challenges that Vicki has offered! They are so much fun!!

Speaking of challenges. I attended my VBS meeting yesterday and everything was fine until I looked at the leader guide I was looking at it to find creative projects to keep the kiddos amused. Yeah they have their schduled craft time but as I always say you can never have too many craft projects! Besides trying to keep the age level I will be teaching (pre-school) amused for as long as the lesson time is 11:00a-11:45a is a challenge in itself.
Anyways I noticed there were NO crafts listed I thought WTF? (seriously) That is like death to me! I swear when I was a kid at camp, VBS, school, whatever art time was always the best time (well besides snack, and recess). Then the Pastor's wife happily mentions that they were in a SEPARATE BOOK. One lousy book for 5 classes to share. Ummm no.
So I figured they can have their book. I will just have to rock the creative mojo a little more than normal to come up with some cute crafts. I have pulled all my back issues of Pack-O-Fun Magazine (I think there is a new issue out) and will start digging. If all else fails I can order from OTC (that will be my last resort).
PS. If your new here and like what you see I'd love for you to be a follwer :)
Have a great day!


Comments

  1. Oh.. I totally AGREE about round layouts being intimidating!! You did a fantastic job going with the flow of the "round" thing. I'm so so glad you played along Maggie! Love seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just adorable and such a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - I rarely do 'round' stuff either - might have to 'challenge' myself....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun looking at your blog Maggie. I got to it by way of Vicki's blog. Can't wait to scrapbook Relay for Life photos with you this summer! You are quite talented! More than me that is for sure! Fire up for Relay for Life! Julie Higgins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts