Weekend and a few photos






Brace yourself heavy post coming at you!

Hi hope everyone had a great weekend I feel odd updating my weekend on a Tuesday but I found my previous post way to funny not to share. I have been working on changes around here still trying to get things figured out around here to make it a little easier I was working on my post labels trying to make less labels, etc, but I find artist humor is going to be fun and I don’t think a lot of fellow artist like yours truly never think about the humor side of our world and the funny stuff that happens to us. Maybe it’s the rebel/indie artist in me but I am all about fun in my work besides the serious stuff.

The weekend was good but busy and fast. Friday my plans were a bit altered but turned out in my favor the morning didn’t start off too well a rough night at work just left me in a sour mood but I really couldn’t sleep it off as I normally do I know there is an old saying “Don’t go to bed angry” but honestly for me I prefer it then I sleep off my anger then by the time I wake up I feel so much better. Because really I had to find stuff for the garage that I had Saturday for Relay, I tend to be a bit of a procrastinator a weird trait when I am very punctual it’s the lesser of two evils I guess, so I went to work trying to find stuff, etc, etc. When my co-worker Joy calls and tells me that instead of setting up Friday we’ll do it early Saturday fine with me great actually because I was debating on if I’d be able to make my friend Tori’s graduation in Omaha and so I was able too! I decided to hurry to Hallmark and get her a card (Yes I caved, bought a card and I still feel a bit guilty about it curse you Hallmark!). Then I twisted my dad’s arm into going with because the ceremony was in downtown Omaha and as much as I love downtown, I can’t navigate it worth crap.

We headed into Omaha and made it with time to spare I snagged a few rooftop parking lot photos then we went in. Now she went to Metro Community College so it was a HUGE ceremony in fact we ended up VERY HIGH in the Civic Center (sidebar: that’s wear the Omaha Lancer Hockey team plays). Well it was a long ceremony and Tori has a liberal arts degree so she was towards the end another trait about me I have issues of sitting still for long periods of time, so I squirmed I tried to listen (I swear I felt my inner child acting out) and not to be tempted by texting on my phone like every other flipping person in the arena, which I find a bit disrespectful but that’s another topic for another day. Finally Tori’s name was read dad and I whooped then left. I felt bad for leaving but I was tired and hungry I wanted to go home.

Saturday was the garage sale and despite I didn’t have much I made $43.00, which is awesome and every little bit helps :) . I actually learned a lot in Garage Sale 101 that I never thought twice about this would be my 4th garage sale I’ve put on and I think now I’ve become a pro at it (I hope anyways). I may even have to make a post about it to pass on my knowledge heck I could even write Garage Sales for Dummies (I hope that’s not already written). Moving on here so I came home had supper then rested for a bit then Mary and I went to the carnival.

Aha the carnival is like a highlight for my town in the spring sad I know but hey. I mainly was there to snap night photos of the rides and whatnot (turns out I wasn’t the only one) oh and funnel cake. Mary and myself decided to ride a few rides along the way. Well as always plans never turn out exactly the way the want Murphy’s Law. Apparently the ticket booth didn’t take debit cards and there was no ATM in sight when ironically last year they had one. I only had 5 bucks in cash so I spent four bucks for two tickets for Mary and I to at least ride the tilt-a-whirl. Another thing I learned is the carnival is the place to be at night. It was crowded! After whirling we walked around a bit so I could snap a few photos and get our funnel cake when Mary pointed out the funnel cake was $6.00 including topping. Are they serious??? Then I thought of course they are it’s the carnival spend your money here. We both agreed we could get our money’s worth at Zesto’s (a little secret ice cream place in Nebraska only 3 that I know of are in existence). We discovered two things chocolate ice cream chocolate dipped cones and fried pickles. Yes they are now deep fat frying dill pickles and don’t knock it till you try it. Bliss.

We actually had some inappropriate laughs that only two gutter mind best friends can have before heading home. Good times. It was like we had been drinking but didn’t I blame the chocolate dipped chocolate ice cream cones for that.

Sunday (I swear I am almost done hang in there ok?) We had Sunday school one more week with the kiddos :( then after lunch our plans dad, Mary, and I were to hit the little art gallery on Main Street to see this lady who has taken photos of farms, etc. But alas the dang gallery was closed bummer :(. But we decided to hit this antique store across from the firehouse that used to be a Firestone tire place back in the day home of the wire jungle.

Aha the wire jungle. Outside their shop they sell all these awesome wire like sculptures, plant holders, gazing balls, and metal animals hence the wire jungle it definitely was a jungle! It is the best place to shoot photos serious I always have a grand time there. We then looked inside, which is so sweet beyond words. It’s half country store and half antique store. So with my handy camera phone I did sneak some shots:









This is so awesome Mary and my jaw dropped when we saw it is a HUGE stained glass window panel from a church serious! It was so neat with the light hitting it.



Pink flamingos! Waiting to be a part of the wire jungle???




Love this an old switchboard reminds me of Laugh-In when the operator (I think it’s Edna or something like that) One ringy dingy two ringy dingy snort snort. And since by night I am a switchboard operator I found this very amusing.

Well I should wrap up because I am sure y’all exhausted from reading my post I know I am tired of typing it! I had my final Relay Committee meeting yesterday it’s almost here!!!

I will be back with something a bit more creative tomorrow promise!!

Thanks for toughing it out y’all rock!


Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Popular Posts