Oh (Crafty) Christmas Tree

In Thursday’s Omaha World Herald there was an article titled “Out on a holiday limb” basically talking about how people are going cheaper and even crafter with their Christmas tree this year. Here is the link:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091203/LIVING/712039846

I simply love the idea behind the stepladder Christmas tree that is so typical of a crafter or artist! I would SO do that in a heartbeat! In fact I was on the crafty chica’s web page and she had a sweet idea for a bottle cap Christmas tree, so guess who’s going to making one? :0) Though I will be probably making a smaller scale With how things are economy wise, it’s AWESOME people are becoming more “crafty” or going green.

It's refreshing to see more people do this. You don't have to a have a degree (like me) or be a kid to make an awesome gift for someone for Christmas. Think about it! My grandma Bade crocheted blankets, etc, my grandpa Bade did wood work, and weaved these awesome pillows, and placemats. My grandma Adams hand painted magnets and crocheted, and my mom knitted. Homemade gifts have been around forever! Hmmm I may have to come up with a tutorial on a homemade gift of some kind.



I am beginning to think 2009 is becoming the year of the crafter. What do you think? :0)


ENJOY THE ARTICLE!!

Comments

Popular Posts