Indie Crafter?

Note: I had actually wrote two posts this one and another but I flipped a coin this one won the toss so you’ll read the other tomorrow enjoy!

Recently when I was on www.ilovetocreate.com checking out the Crafty Chica’s goodness, when I noticed at the bottom of the page it had these tabs and it asked are you a?

Educator Ceramist Fashion Artist Indie Crafter

The last one struck interest in yours truly because you hear the term “Indie” a lot now a days. Of course me I am familiar with Indy as in the Indy 500, which is like the Daytona 500 the most import race ever. Oh and it’s short for Indiana Jones. But anyways I don’t live that deep under a rock, I have heard of Indie Rock a lot of the music on Twilight and New Moon soundtracks are Indie artists but for those of you who don’t know what Indie rock is I’ve went on ask.com for the answer:


1. Indie rock in an alternative genre of music primarily in the independent music scene with independent labels. It is also a genre of rock music originated in the US AND UK back in the 1980's

2. Indie rock is an umbrella term to reference artists that are or were unsigned, or have signed to independent record labels, rather than major record labels.

But I had never heard of an Indie Crafter. So on a whim I tried it on ask.com too and there is a site for indie crafters and basically it means independent artist or crafter along the same lines as an indie rocker. I like the term indie crafter kind sums up myself in an awesome way. So I decided to come up with my own definition:

Indie Crafter- noun: An independent crafter who breaks the rules when it comes to creativity. Who isn’t afraid of trying new things, who doesn’t shy away from bold colors and unusual patterns. A creative risk taker. Uses what she has in order to create an original masterpiece, and has a total blast doing it.

I think we all are Indie crafters or artists. :0)

******************************************************

I am praying very hard the weather stays nice for the holiday because A. I still have last minute shopping to do B. Mom won’ t be able to come home if it’s nasty and C. A lot of my friends, and family have plans that involve going out of town or family coming in. So please Mother Nature be a sport eh? Let your son Frost Miser (or whatever the heck his name is) off the hook? Give him the day off or something please don’t let the weather ruin Christmas for everyone. Okay? Okay.

Be as you are~ Kenny Chesney

Comments

Popular Posts