A break from the tropics

I promise I will be back Monday with the final of Maui Christmas but it has been a while since I given a real acutal update of what's been a-going on then back to paradise!



In the midst of running around Friday, I had to stop at Wal-Mart. I've told you about my love/hate relationship them well it was my last stop of the day and I had to return something. Then I thought better get wrapping paper to wrap what gifts I had, then I remembered I have to get something for my Sunday school kiddos since I won't see them again until after the holiday oh snap! It's had to shop for them because of the fact (and I've said it before) I have 1 girl and 5 boys. After going back and fourth several times between the party and Christmas section, I settled on small packages of crayons, holiday notepads, army men for the boys, and heart bracelets for Miss Jocelyn. Any extra stuff I am trying to save and maybe use next year.



While bumming the sections I found these:





Peanuts stickers! At first glance they reminded me of the puffy stickers from when I was kid, I knew I had to have them for something and I didn't see anymore. Later when I was home wrapping gifts, I had saved the cardboard from some temporary tattoos I got out of the machine at Pizza Hut (for a gag gift), and I had leftover blue paper from cards, so I figured I could come up with something fun maybe cards for next year, or maybe ornaments.

I got a start on my bottle cap tree; I was reunited with my long lost glue gun YAY! Again this one not be done by December 25th oh well, I plan to keep plugging away at it. I am trying NOT to leave so many projects undone if I can help it (I am sensing a New Year's resoultion here!). I am mad a my mojo because it's NOW coming up with ideas for Christmas, I almost what to yell at it but then it'll run away again so....

At work we're getting all kinds of goodies from the Doctors, which is nice a way of saying thank you for putting up with us 365 days a year. We've got cheese cake from the Cheese cake factory (which gave all of us a sugar induced coma), popcorn, candy, hot coca, tea, and chicken wings from the Orthopedic Doctors is just me that finds some kind of irony with that? Our department holiday party won't be until January 14th I have to find a white elephant gift. To be quite honest I really don't have anything tacky or whatever if I did its long gone to Goodwill already lol. I have to some searching maybe it warrants a trip to Nobbies me thinks?

Christmas plans are still up in the air. I work Christmas Eve morning then I am off that night, then I work Christmas night into the 26th so we shall see what is what.

I know I have LOTS of stuff to share the layouts for the album restoration, and my gift cardholder for my secret Santa. Oh! I need to come up with another Husker craft before the holiday bowl game the 30th. But the gifts I think will wait until after Christmas to share them on here so thanks for being patient with me!

Okay that's it for the update stay tuned for the final of Maui Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts