Making the most of it

A quick final post to end 2009, I promise to share the crackers with you in the New Year besides the kiddos won’t get them until then anyways.

But after some thought I am not going to mope in the New Year despite the fact I will be confined to an office, surrounded by phones, computers, and with only one window that leads to an empty hallway. I will make the most of it even its tossing paper punch confetti and just whispering Happy New Year instead of shouting in my normal Maggie like loudness, sending New Year’s wishing via text instead of face to face, toasting the New Year with a Styrofoam cup of sparking 7-up instead of a glass of champers, and giving Hershey kisses to my favorite security guard instead getting or receiving real kisses from someone.

For the record I’ve only had two New Year’s kisses that I can remember from the ex so I know I’m not missing much on that front even though I had secretly wished my prince charming (whoever he maybe I don’t even know myself) would show to the window at Midnight to grant me my New Year’s kiss but no, the fairy tale has been long over, and I’m okay with it.

2010 will be rang in differently then the past celebrations but will be celebrated none the less, it has been since 2001 that I have not been home on New Year’s and that’s what is hard but that’s life. It is what is, and again I just have to make the most of it.

Happy New Year! Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts