Holiday with a tropical twist

Okay this post is going to be on tips and websites for y’all to check out, and then I will be back with the rest of the final pictures (soon). You don’t have to go overboard with the theme you can do a room, your bathroom, or just a shelf whatever just have fun!

Here are my tips!


*Use what you have. This is a general artist rule of thumb you may have beachy or tropical stuff lying around in your home. Maybe you have seashells in your bathroom, a pair of flip-flops, rubber ducks, or beach theme scrap paper? Look around you might be surprised what you come up with!

*DYO! Another artist rule! I know I am not the only one who says: “I can SO make that!” It just takes a little thought, maybe a few sketches, and presto! Like my sign I just came up with own version and not only is it cute but inexpensive just a buck for the wooden sign and the supplies I already had!

*Blog hop for inspiration! I am so glad that I am on here and that there are a lot of creative souls out there to check out for ideas! I consider it a crafting support group we are here to encourage and compliment one another so it’s great!

*Check out thrift, dollar, party, and department stores. Where would I be without Goodwill or the $ Tree? Besides having the advantage of working at OTC all those years, I have been lucky to find cute items at Goodwill, and the dollar tree. Check out party sections at Wal-Mart or Target usually luau stuff is carried year round or if your daring go to Nobbies (another bad store besides the others mentioned here) they have an awesome luau section!

*Dress your Christmas tree. I am really into the unique and creative Christmas trees out there but you don’t have to shell out the money for a fake palm tree just use your own tree, for garland cut and tie leis together, make shell ornaments (drill, add a hook or tie) buy surfboard key chains make into ornaments, for the tree skirt buy Hawaiian print material or use that Hawaiian shirt that sits in your closet *grins*.

If all else fails:

*Use the Internet. I recommend this as a last resort, again you can find most stuff locally but if there is something your just not finding then go on-line here my sites that I normally check out:

www.orientaltrading.com they have bulk on luau stuff plus this is where you can find the surfboard key chains I mentioned above

www.terrysvillage.com this where you can find Christmas tropical items

www.bunaglowbeachdesigns.com cute ornaments lots of vintage signs and etc!

www.caseashells.com where you can find shell ornaments and they carry Christmas year round

Hope this gives you some inspiration to give Maui Christmas (or whatever name you come up with) Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts