'Tis the week before Christmas

Yikes! I can’t believe that it is the week before Christmas all I did was run errands today of course I managed to sneak a bit of creating I had to put the finishing touches on my advent calendar, then to Hy Vee to get my secret Santa gift I feel bad everyone has been giving little gifts for their person and I forgot when I was at the library this morning to print something fun from Hoops and Yoyo for this person I got distracted by fish world on FB, iheart too and I lost track of the time! I feel bad so I may have to run there before they close tomorrow in order to put it together at work.

Another one of my stops was at the post office I held off because I heard Monday was supposed to be there busiest day? But I was happy that I didn’t have to wait long at all! I had to send back my defective cell phone, get stamps, send a few Christmas cards, and finally send my friend Paula her long awaited duck tape purse!

Oh, after all my running I did make broccoli cheese soup it turned out pretty good! Betty Crocker had an easy recipe to follow.


******************************

Well enough about me let’s get onto the good stuff shall we? More Maui Christmas:






This shot is of my stained glass Christmas flip-flops that I got from OTC’s product room. I’ve hung on my wall so I can enjoy them otherwise if they were in the window I wouldn’t be able to.

Next here is my advent calendar:




I put my tags to good use but I hadn’t really found a place to hang them so I improvised this year and just hung them on my margarita memo board. I suppose they could be hung on a tree or something I had ran out of steam when I did these but it still works with the tropical theme *grins*.

Last is a sign that I made before my mojo flew the coop:






On one of the beach style websites I normally surf (which I will share the site with you later when I do my tips) had this cute vintage sign that said Christmas in Paradise but the price wasn’t so cute. Of course the creative light bulb went off in my head saying “You could make something like it” I had found this woody blank card laying in my stash and as I brain stormed I thought it would be cool to have a Christmas tree on the roof instead of a surfboard (which you typically see) so digging in the stash again I found the tree from this and that. The paper is almost like homemade, but is straw like it from the stack (if I remember right it came from OTC too) I have a couple other colors too, and just haven’t really found a purpose for it. This sign is from $ Tree, I just removed the ugly yellow ribbon and replaced it with the turquoise blue that has been used in my decorating.

After putting it together, I was kind of bummed that I didn’t get a bigger sign so I could put wording on it too but after I snapped the photo and hung later, it grew on me and it’s simply stated.

I’ll be sharing my final photos with you soon the others were a bit blurry so there has to be re-takes, but I think I will share my tips/sites with you early then wrap up with the last of my photos.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts