Leapfrog

Hope everyone had a joyful Holiday I’ll get to that later. I owe you a project so here we go!

Again I know I have TONS to share with you layouts, Christmas gifts blah blah blah. Well the genius that I am forgot to take pictures of said gifts whoops. But I will share something today:







Pretty simple but I like it this way. Sometimes not everything needs to be bells and whistles this being one of them. Besides the detail on my froggy friend here would totally be taken away if there was bells and whistles am I right? Funny thought back in my tattoo wanting days (which I am still in btw because I wanting my 2nd now go figure) I almost wanted a frog tattoo like this but WAY to much detail means sitting in a chair for a very long time at the tattoo and =lots of money. Anyhoo paper is from the stack of the funky jean paper from the $ Tree. Water paper is from PT’s not sure the brand name (note to self write important stuff like that down!) but it makes me think about the pool at the Y casting the same reflections on the wall or of the ceiling when I’ve floated on my back in the lap pool. The 5x5 (ish) square is cardboard from my .50 cent 2010 mini calendar from $ General (cheapest calendar ever) of tropical islands.

So after opening my spiffy new calendar and dreaming of those warm places, out comes the cardboard in between the month (which months I can’t remember) instead of throwing it away I kept it tossing into the drawer of endless creating goodies *grins*. Well I thought about that cardboard one Monday night while getting ready for work and listening to Monday night RAW (my guilty pleasure), lead to the funky paper, which meant dragging the really now heavy drawer (minus the wheels that I’ve had since my college days) from the game room so I could dig. Well after settling on the frogs I thought the pool paper that I still had half of (the other went as eyes for some of my sugar skulls) after grabbing what I needed, drag the drawer back and look in drawer #2 for the cardboard and my good old adhesives.

Meanwhile I had another Christmas card to send and as I was grabbing one I noticed a chunk of the blue straw paper leftover from when I made my sign I thought maybe it would make an interesting card (maybe?) when my mojo talks I listen, it was worth a shot what else am I going to do with this paper? Will let you know the results as they develop.


******************************

Well thanks to Mother Nature for being a royal pain in the butt for ruining everyone’s Christmas around here. Mary and I wereout Christmas Eve doing the last minute thing found out church was canceled so we hurried up visited my mom and sister. Then went to the store and got Mary’s brother who was staying over while the storm started to rear it’s ugly head. We made breakfast for supper got in our PJ’s looked in our stockings then played some Guitar Hero on the PS2. I wussed out and went to bed early with a stomachache I was not planning to spend Christmas driving the white porcelain bus.

We were able to have Christmas at dad’s he dug out and got us then we had Mary’s family over for supper and ate the BIG turkey. I got some great gifts including *drum roll* tickets to see John Mayer in concert March 4th *happy dance* I am so excited!! I will have more goodies to show this week.


Hope everyone gets dug out to have their Christmas soon!

Comments

Popular Posts