Twas the evening before Christmas Eve



Deck them halls and that good stuff! If you haven’t noticed already I changed my layout yet again. Since the weather is supposed to well rather icky I decided to change my layout to this warm beach layout and after all it is just another day in paradise.

So far all we got was slush and not the yummy 64oz of goodness but the slippery grey kind. After I got all settled to lay down this morning the cell phone vibrates and it’s the Boss Lady saying the head honcho of our (and my cousin’s) department cancelled our monthly mandatory staff meeting (or our monthly probation as I call it) for today! Delighted I was able to go back to sleep I quickly reset the alarm and settled in. Well it had to be around 1:30 or so I had to get up and answer Mother Nature’s screaming call as I headed back to bed I thought about tomorrow Christmas Eve and if the weather is supposed to be bad as they it is. I still had some gifts to get. Not that I am last minute person or anything like that *fingers crossed*. It’s just that my has been tight so I haven’t been able to get the jump-start on shopping like everyone else.

But being a crafter most of my gifts were homemade but the people whom I had no idea what to make for I needed to get gifts for them. My brother likes anything that involves his PS2 or headphones and my sister is kind of hard to shop for. So after contemplating this for about 5 minutes realizing I wouldn’t get to go back to sleep (besides there was a flipping dog barking somewhere) I got up and brave the whatever and get my shopping done and risk the chance of overdraft but I should be okay payday is tomorrow. So the first trip I made to Hastings (Fremont, NE’s version of Borders and or Barnes and Noble in case your wondering) for Twilight goodness for my night partner in crime Shannon. After checking both the front and the back of the store for something I settled upon the New Moon version of the Sweet Tarts with Edward’s picture on them (and buying for me as well) and a pair of fingerless gloves since I really hate the texting gloves I got I get to the cashier and here is the interaction.

Cashier: Did you find everything okay?

Me: Yup

Cashier: Twilight stuff I see, for yourself?

Me: (Lying) for friends

Cashier: and it’s all Edward

Me: (Thinking duh) uh huh.

I am really never one for small talk with the cashiers at places otherwise I would of come up with a witty comeback but I wasn’t in the mood, just checked me out so I can go get out of here!

Before going to Wally world I do my good holiday deed and pick up Mary’s brother from work since he had no ride. After I drop him off I make my way to the madness that is Wally World. I get my brother his game (on sale I might add) a new wallet, my sister PJ’s and I get a few stocking stuffers for Mary and her mom. I get home to the Lard Lord’s posse finally fixing our screen door.

While watching Friends I wrap the last of the gifts, hang the stockings by the wall with care (not chimneys here) and then decide to scoop the slush off the sidewalks so know no one falls (including me). Mary and her mom come home and we decided to go get the free turkey for me doing the turkey trot a month ago.
We get to Hy-Vee and explore the freeze with all the frozen birds trying to find one between 20-22 lbs we find the 22 pounder and it’s a BIG BIRD but I thought it’d be better to shoot for a 20 well after maybe 5 minutes or so and looking in both coolers no other 20 lbs turkey in sight but everything in between. I figure well since it’s is a free bird (ha ha) that we may as well go for the big guns I mean when will I ever get another free turkey?


So we buy stuffing and are looking for a smaller bag of ice melt than the JUMBO bags at the entrance (who do they think they are Sam’s club?) when a guy in with moustache makes this comment to me:

Moustache: (looking at our cart) That turkey is half the price at Wal-Mart

Me: Yeah well I have a certificate (I proudly flash it)

Moustache: says nothing and walks away

That annoys me some people can’t MYOB. I don’t rudely go up to someone “Oh you KNOW you can like so get that cheaper at Wal-Mart” without the risk of being called a four letter word or being possible being hit and plus I’m not that kind of person. While on the drive home we stop for some Mickey D’s and listen to a very Larry Christmas.

That’s about it, I am trying to work on some card ideas tonight I’ve dug out what stamps I hope to come up with something.

I work into Christmas Eve morning then I am off that night then I work Christmas night into the 26th then off that night (confused?) so I will be taking a short break it won’t be like Thanksgiving I will be either be back on the 26th or on the 27th.


Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts