Husker Scarf

Brrr! It has been SO COLD lately I dream of beaches and sand between aahh. So my mood has been a little grumpy. I am such a warm weather person (living in Nebraska how ironic) that I literally cry at the thought of the cold. I usually want it to snow for Christmas then be done (dreaming big I know). It was crazy Tuesday dad ended up taking me to work because I couldn't get myself dug out. I tried and I kept getting stuck. Everyone was calling into work saying they were stuck too and couldn't make it in. Guess one thing I can be greatful for is job security ha!

So I haven’t felt motivated to photo graph any layouts that now have to be taken inside due to the snow but I know I had to share something and I remembered I owe you a project that I did recently and I felt it’s appropriate since the Heisman Trophy presentation is Saturday night (Suuuuuuh!).

My Husker T-shirt scarf at last!











As you recalled I had started this during halftime of one of Nebraska’s games (Can’t remember which one but I posted something about it) the idea came from my generation T book and the scarf is made from my old Husker shirts. Pretty easy to do, it’s 8x8” squares (I’m going from memory here) put together I hand stitched mine or you can use a sewing machine. What was tricky for mine is I had on one shirt and front and back design, so I had to make blocks for both sides. Then with the scraps I cut strips and slashed holes in the bottom to make the fringe.

Again I also don’t proclaim to be a sewing whiz (remember I’m mad at my sewing machine?) I do enough to get by to mend a few things if need be and I try some projects like this. The scarf does work though I am happy to report! My original reason I made it was for the Husker Hockey games because if it’s cold outside it’s just as cold in the Hockey arena! But now that it’s winter somewhat it’s come in handy! Plus another reason is there was this set at Lou’s sporting goods there is a Nebraska Scarf and Mitten set (fingerless gloves) that I’ve wanted forever it’s on sale but not cheap enough so I figured well I’ll make my own! So next will be sleeve warmers (there is another name the book uses but I can’t think of it) made of t-shirts too sometime before winter is over.

I mentioned earlier that my secret Santa person is a Starbucks junkie so I plan to get this person a gift card well I have never been to a Starbucks *gasps* I know I’m not a coffee drinker I refer to the stuff as the tar pit anyways if I have gone to a coffee shop I buy Italian sodas or tea and yes Virginia they do have hot chocolate there too. So after digging myself out yesterday I thought well I might as well try some hot chocolate and I was also in need of their paper drink wrapper things that go around the cup. My plan is to make a gift cardholder for the card and I decided the other day it’d be perfect to use the wrapper in my design! I will try to have that done and posted soon too!

One last thing I become such a blog hopper lately (besides writing my own) that I want to share an amazing blog with you:

http://www.mattlogelin.com/

Matt lost his wife Liz 27 hours after giving birth to their daughter Madeline so the blog is based his journey as a single parent raising Madeline. He takes the most amazing photos. I saw an article in People magazine this year about his story, checked out the site and I am hooked! His story is inspiring he has a lot of help from stranger’s friends along the way. This is definitely a tissue alert it does make you cry!

That’s it for me this time, I am hoping the weather is fairly decent Friday because I am itching for a trip into Omaha because I need a Christmas Scrub top from Garden Ridge and the last time I was there was Beach Christmas ornaments and I want some bad!!



Warmest Thoughts!

Comments

Popular Posts