Gift cardholder

Well, I wanted to share a Husker craft that I did awhile back since tomorrow is the big game but unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to photograph it today the day just got away from me but I owe you since I’ve rambled the last two days. After looking in my e-mail of my pictures from my cell, I found the gift cardholder I made for my secret Santa and since Christmas is now over and she has received it, I can now show you it without giving the secret away.

The idea for the holder came from Pack-O-Fun magazine, which is an awesome craft magazine for kids as well as adults because it offers the coolest crafts to make from recyclables, has great card ideas, crafts for Sunday school, and craft ideas from around the world! It’s called paper pockets in the magazine but anyways shall we?

Since my co-worker that I had chosen was a Starbucks junkie I knew a gift card to Starbucks was perfect. I wanted to reflect it in the holder as well. I made the cone from brown paper I had from the stack it looked a lot like the cardboard sleeve you get with your coffee. I took a coffee cup that I had, took acrylic paint in blue and black then painted the bottom of the cup and stamped the design onto the holder here:





The idea was to execute the famous coffee ring you sometimes see when you pick up your cup of Joe *grins*. I loved how it turned out. I got the idea from another magazine that showed you how to stamp with other items besides stamps i.e. bubble wrap, lids, pencil top erasers, etc.

Next I took the Starbucks logo from the drink sleeve and I kept the other half of the sleeve because I liked what it said:






You can see the logo in the background the picture I had taken of the logo by itself was a bit blurry. But I thought this would make a cute ornament or something!

When I turned over the holder I noticed a few paint spots from when I stamped so I just covered them up with paper from my Earthy retro pack:






Here is the final photo:




I cut out a circle from the page the place the logo in the center so it stood out when I placed on the front of the holder.

I added the same paper on the inside of the holder as well and then a sparkly pipe cleaner for the handle. Not pictured is a round tag from the pack too I added to put my co-workers name on it.

I presented it last week before Christmas we had a spot where we had the gifts and I stuck there before she came in that morning and she walked by it! I badly wanted to say something to her but that would be giving it away! Finally she noticed it because the next night I noticed it was gone and she came in, I gave her a Christmas card (saying I was her secret Santa) and she said thank you Santa! I asked how did she know it was I and she goes you’re the only crafty one around here! I take that as a compliment *grins*.


This project is a fun alternative for Christmas stockings you can put other objects besides gift cards. I think I will use this to make my May baskets in the spring you can hang in on doorknobs so it’ll be perfect!


**********************

Can’t wait for the Holiday Bowl game tomorrow should be a great game! Remember when I told y’all that I lost my Husker earring? Well I had pretty much given up on finding I figured it was lost forever under the fridge where refrigerator gremlins lived and they like shiny things you know, anyways one day I opened the fridge for something when lo and behold there on the top of the fridge door it sat kind of like it was having a laugh at my expense oh well. It's all good now. We’re going to watch the game at Mary’s sister Brenda’s house so it should be a good time it’s my only night off then my long holiday stretch.

Have a great day and GO BIG RED!

Comments

Popular Posts