Maui Christmas round 3


Okay have you been enjoying my Maui Christmas? I hope so maybe it’ll give you some warm ideas :0). Today it’s my dresser that I’ve decorated:






This is the 2nd Santa Island figure I have from Terry’s Village. Pretty cute huh? I’ve recently started to put bandannas on my dresser and night stand to give a little more color and also to help fight dust! When I went to Wal-Mart, I didn’t like the holiday bandanna that they had so I went with a blue one instead it kinda represents water. Later I found some of my seashells and added them but haven’t snapped a photo of it yet.




The other picture above is the rest of my dresser. I kept out my hula girl of course and the flip-flop was a memo pad holder (another throw away item from OTC) I just turned it into a candleholder the spot where a pen can go I figured I cut put an incense cone there. Anyways I bought a red candle (apple pie scent) from Wal-Mart. It usually houses my yummy Yankee candle (vanilla lime if you’re wondering *grins*) but since I am trying to go Christmas here that’s why there is a red one. And my beloved candlesnuffer is of course a pineapple a Party Lite product (the pineapple is a sign of welcome in Hawaii, which I’m sure you knew that). I gave it a little bit of festiveiness with the blue ribbon. If you haven’t already noticed I’ve used the turquoise ribbon a lot in my decorating. I wanted something that was Christmas looking but still a long the lines of my theme. I had chose red ribbon originally but with some looking in the Christmas section at Wal-Mart I found this and I ♥ it! You will see it again once more, when I post the rest of my pictures.
********************************

Moving on, I finally got my replacement cell at 7pm after waiting all day (darn UPS!), and the landlord is also finally replacing our doors. I’ve said it before he’s a nice guy just a big slacker when it comes to fixing stuff around our house some of it we had to do ourselves. I am ready to look for a new place, we’ve talked about it before we’re going 4 years now in that house don’t get me wrong I ♥ our house I think it’s time to move on the neighborhood isn’t that good either we shall see what our future holds.

My creative mojo is slowly making her way back. I am now just kind of messing around with sewing stuff again. I completed mom’s gift, and now I just cut up two of my old Kenny Chesney tour t-shirts to make another purse from them. I am going to attempt adding a zipper!! With some of the scraps I found another cute no sew project from my generation T book. I badly need to stop at Hobby Lobby and Michaels I might wait until after the Holiday. My bottle cap tree may not get done in time I suppose it wouldn’t super weird to be making Christmas decorations in January would it? I saw a cute idea for an advent calendar on a random blog hop I did one day. I had made tags for an advent type calendar, added ribbon to them and didn’t know how to display them well, I just basically put them on my margarita memo board for now (you’ll see that picture) anyways it was paper origami cups with the numbers written on them and what this person did was number the cups and then inside each one was an activity for the blogger and her kids to do like put up the tree, go to the zoo, wrap gifts, etc. Neat idea!

Oh I found another really sweet (literally) blog! Blogger spotlighted this blog when I logged out the other day I was curious so I clicked on it but here it is:

http://notsohumblepie.blogspot.com/

Ms. Humble (is what she calls herself) is a stay at home mom who has turned to baking, cooking coming and up with fun recipes plus ideas. She used to work as a biological anthropologist so she has science type cookies she has featured pretty awesome I will be a frequent visitor of her blog!
One last thing I am wishing my brother a Happy 33rd Birthday tomorrow! I made him a card but you know what? I’ve somehow missed placed it (typical me) so I wound up buying him a card and you know what will happen I will find it later after his birthday. Grrr.
Have a super day and stay warm!

Comments

Popular Posts