I am a total feet dragger

It’s already December wow. Christmas will be here before you know it. I am just such a feet dragger when it comes to this Holiday (hence the title), I don’t know why I mean I get more jazzed about Halloween or even St. Patrick’s day then I do this Holiday. When Halloween stuff starts showing up in August I am stoked and planning my costume (if I haven’t already! *grins*) but after Halloween the Christmas decorations and goodies go up all I can do is groan. I think maybe because it’s overly commercialized; I all I can think about is pulling a Luther Krank and skipping the Holiday altogether.

Haven’t even begun shopping yet, and we’ve talked about putting the tree up when I am off Thursday. I changed my ring tone to my Kenny Chesney Christmas ring tone that’s something until I went to the mailbox today and there it was: The 1st Christmas card phooey! You know what that means it’s time for me to get started making my cards. I went to dreaded Wal-Mart to get supplies and I am planning a trip to PT’s Thursday (more on that in a bit) after a few minutes I got what I essentially wanted. My rule this year with cards will be to only make cards to send and or give to those who do the same, plus making cards for the girls in my department. With stamps prices being so high I’d hate to waste a stamp if I’m not going to get a card in return. I know sounds harsh but with e-mails and this any more people just take the easy way out which is a bummer. I love to get mail (if it’s not bills ha). I think sometimes I just send away for stuff just to get something in the mail.

Anyhoo I will be working on the cards at work tonight nothing but the cards to get them DONE we’re so not slacking on this one! I did happily get all but one page of the wedding pages done of the album restoration *happy dance* I went back to dad’s yesterday to find the church bulletin and a few other album stuff. The rest of the album is odds and ends of items so I am still not 100% what I want to do with them it seems to me after their wedding, I think Grandma just put whatever on the pages so there really isn’t any order of things you know *shudder* so I have to make it my job to put order but then there is stuff from my relatives, that I am beginning to wonder should be returned to their proper owners? I mean there is stuff from my late Aunt Karen’s wedding those should go to my cousins in Colorado, and then I wonder if they even have any of that who knows if my uncle inherited the pack rat gene? Okay *breathe* one thing at a time here. I think what I’ll do is focus on what is my grandparents FIRST then figure out the other stuff maybe talk to dad and see if it’s okay with him to give those back or make copies for them (maybe scrap them pretty me thinks?) and send them to Colorado.

Um yeah so about the yummy layout, I changed yet again. I was on http://www.twilightguide.com/ when I say a link for Twilight blog layouts and faster before you could say Edward I was there going through the designs, I just wasn’t finding anything that grabbed (or bite) me and I was about ready to give up when… Team Edward layout came up I knew I had to have it! Yeah I know I am SO bitten ha. But I’m not alone *grins*. So if you want so yummy layout goodness run like Edward to Twilight guide and they a have menu of where to find the layout :0). And other Twilighty goodness too.

Last but not least my wonderful friend Tori and her hubby Chad (he’s SO wonderful too!:-D) are visiting!! It’s been almost a year since I’ve seen them I hate that she’s so far away because I miss all of our fun times together thank goodness for texting and FB otherwise I’d go insane! Anyways Thursday we are going to lunch and I am taking her to PT’s *happy dance* I KNOW she’s going to LOVE Amy’s store as much as I do (or anyone for that matter!) I swear if I won the lottery I’d be blowing like half on PT’s scrap goodness! I just signed up for their membership :-D by e-mail so I can get more goodness *insert song My pink heaven* (not blue since Amy’s store is SO pink!!).

That’s it for now must get card making! And I will show the cards and layouts this week yeah? So be sure to stop back!

Comments

Popular Posts