Final Maui Christmas and Dabbling

As promised I have the last of my Maui Christmas to share. I am kind of bummed that this the last of my photos but I hoped y’all enjoyed my take on Christmas and you got some great ideas for your own little version of paradise. So put on some Kenny Chesney, pour yourself a Pina colda or two (one for each hand) and enjoy!



First I’m starting off with my creative space it just a small area where I have pretty much all my supplies close at hand. Anyways my surface is a drawer on wheels it mostly just holds my projects on the top that I need to work on and one drawer is full of goodies (the rest hold clothes go figure). So for the surface I kind of did a non-beach theme but it ties in with me as a creative person and Christmas too.






The first picture above is a wish box I made a while back you can’t see them but on the sides are snowflakes gems and it’s glittery plus we wish a lot on Christmas too! Next to my box is my little snowman-hinged box, which I’ve had for a very long time. In fact he’s lost the carrot that was inside the box, pain is chipping, and he’s missing some wire parts but I love him all the same he’s a part of my decorations every year (tropical or not).












To the left is a jar of beads blue and clear snowflake ones to be exact. I’ve had these glass snowflake beads forever and so I thought it would be nice to display them somehow then I remembered this jar it used to held paper flowers, then I emptied it but odds and ends of embellies so I emptied that to put my snowflake beads in here but they looked to plan so I tossed in so blue beads to give some “pop” to my snowflake beads. That’s my purple coke glass that holds pens, pencils, etc in it. Notice you can see a glimpse of my sign? I hung up Friday!





Next to the drawers I’ve stacked milk creates to serve as my bookshelves, the top of the shelves I put different items on there. On other blogs I have read, I had seen where big bell jars are used to put different items under, like a little Christmas tree, ribbon, etc. I really wanted to try it so I got this little candy bowl at Wal-Mart and I put my Christmas ducky under it. Topped off with you guessed it the turquoise ribbon!




To the right of the ducky is my hermit snowman another ornament from Garden Ridge. When I saw it I instantly loved it! Winter always makes me feel like a hermit I just want to stay inside under the covers or in a warm bath :o)




Speaking of bath that’s my next ornament is a deer in the cabana taking a shower! I thought it was cute/funny 'nuff said.





Okay the last picture forgive me it’s a bit dark I thought I had another picture but I think I deleted it because it was too blurry but this the other Santa island figure I mentioned in a previous post he’s building a sand igloo! You can’t see it but there is also a sand snowman too. So that’s it my Maui Christmas!

*******************************

Today I just dabbled in a few projects I dug out my one craft books because I am thinking about a New Year’s craft for my Sunday school kiddos, I had found a craft stick wreath I made and painted the pieces, I just have to assemble and decorate it I am thinking of making my green lei into a real lei wreath!

I added the Velcro to mom’s bag, bought dad’s album and put the completed pages in both are wrapped and under the tree. I have left is my brother and sister now.

I don’t think I am ready for more snow even though we will have a white Christmas. Here are my random thoughts about it:

*It’s been nice to wash my car I should wash it.

*The side streets are finally clearing up no more pinball!

*For it being 30 some degrees it feels nice=Heat Wave!

*I don’t want to have to start my wearing my boots again

*You did want to take winter photos

*Am putting that darn hammer to use to break the snow away from the tires

*Is it SPRING yet?

*Will trade white snow for white sand any day!


LOL. Have good start to the week Aloha!

Comments

Popular Posts