New book and waiting

Hello,  First Labor was just a lazy day for me since I worked the night before and I worked last night.  Most of the day was spent sleeping.  This coming Friday I will find out if I am chosen to design a bench for our town's newest creative project.  To be quite honest I haven't thought about it since I submitted design a month it wasn't until a friend asked about it and I checked the form.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time now!!! Enough about me onto what you came here for.

I've started to work on a new altered book.  Actually it's not a hardcover book, it's a paper mache book that I found at Michaels a while back when I picked up some altering goodies.  I had started the book but was struggling a bit to figure out what to do, then I rooted through my drawer and found the items I salvaged from the last book along with the items I didn't get a chance to place in the other book. I will do at least on of the techniques I learned. The stitched pages will be in it for sure I just got ribbon for it :) I am happy that the ideas I had for the other book won't be lost.  Here is sort of a sneaky peek:



(Sorry I really hate my new camera on my phone I need to start using my digital) anyways this is the start of the cover. I found this in the stuff Vicki gave me.  She actually has that quote on the wall of her studio.  I knew it would make a perfect cover :)

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts